cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TabStrip Control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any way to use tabstrip control in .NET iViews.

rgds,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

The SAP tabstrip is not available in any of the released versions of the PDK. (You can probably expect it to be, in a future release).

So what Tabstrip control do you mean exactly?

Regards,

Ofer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ofer,

Like the one we've in htmlb for java.

Now ,When I use <sap:tabStrip> tag,I can see a control in design view. I can see and edit its properties like add tabs, edit header ,content etc.But I cant access the control.

One more question, can we nest textEdit and DropDownlist in a table control.(I am using PDK.NET patch3)

Is there any document that talks abt limitations or advantages of SAP NetWeaver controls in PDK.NET compared to htmlb control for java.

rgds,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. The TabStrip, though you can see it, is not supported. The control is not fully implemented, yet. Therefore it is marked "internal" and "private". The fact that you <i>can</i> see it is due to a surprising "bug" in Visual Studio. Note that the schema ("html intelisense") is marking it as an "un-allowed" tag.

2. At the moment you can only add "read-only" controls (those that have no input capabilities) into the table's cells <u>using the editors</u>. What you could do is implement it yourself (not so easy, but doable). Use the table's api to add rows with the "right" controls in the cells... or, in case you use data-binding, use the ItemCreated event to put the desired control in the cell. Anyway the TableCell property is called TableCellContent, which is the reference to the "hosted" control in the table cell.

3. I don't know of such a document. As an htmlb expert, maybe you could write one? Earn you some points on SDN

Actually, the SAP NetWeaver controls for the PDK .NET are much more like the Web Dynpro for Java controls, both in API and rendering (though there are some slight diferences there too). Htmlb is an "old" technology

Though it's not what you asked for - if you are interested, I did publish a while ago a document about the NetWeaver controls Vs. the ASP "regular" controls.

(https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/documents/a1-8-4/sap netweaver .net controls vs. asp.net controls.pdf)

Regards,

Ofer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you filled the PDK for .NET survey yet? You can win an MP3 player!!!

http://feedback.sap.com/efs/vote?campaign=39c7899ecca40a6709a638bd0388ac8b&org=332