cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with UI TextEdit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

how can I get the content of a TextEdit UI element to r/3?

I create a table of type structure "tdformat(char2) and tdline(char132)" for my rfc function in r/3. I always get only one row with 132 characters from the WebDynpro textEdit element. What did I wrong?

Best regards

Petra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a max length defined for the DDIC type of the context attribute to which the TextView.text is bound?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

I'm not sure. I bound it to a table field names "Tdline" with a length of 132 characters. Do you mean, I had to declared this field just from type "string" in abap?

Thanks

Petra

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Check the properties of the corresponding attribute. If its pointing to a dictionary type go to dictionary -> smple type -> and open the type and check if their is any max length specified for it.

If its 132 it will take only that many characters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

yes, there is a maximum length of 132 character in the data dictionary because the type is automatically imported from the r/3 function.

what do i have to do? do i have to change the type in the r/3 function? or do i have to implement some coding, so that the ui element refer to a context value of type string. then i have to cut the string into 132 character long strings and add it to the context node which is mapped to the r/3 function?

regards

petra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since ur R/3 has a attribute type to 132 char long you can store only that many characters.

If u want a longer value to be stored you have to change the datatype in the R/3 and re-import the model.(Check if re-import works for change in data type )

Regards

Bharathwaj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure what the scenario is ? But is the property wrapping set to soft.

Check that !

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bharathwaj,

my scenario: the user can write some comments into the textedit ui element and these comments i want to get in r/3. my question is: how do the r/3 function has to look like? I mean how do I have to type the parameter table in the r/3 function?

regards

petra