cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating multiple tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a file to JDBC scenario in which i have to update multiple table in a oracle database.

I have put different statements in my message for different target tables .

Some of the tables have a foreign key relationship with the master tables.

If a new record is being inserted in the master table and at the same time the foreign key table is being updated with the new record, it gives a integrity constraint error.

Should i create different messages for different tables and updated in a sequence according to the foreign key dependencies?

Regards,

Karen Pereira.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Solved the problem by creating a single message with multiple statements for tables, with statements for the reference tables first and then the dependent tables.

Regards,

Karen

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Karen,

Ope option~ use Multimapping without BPM and make the QOS as EOIO . Would this do the trick?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

I am already using a BPM here because i have to do a check in a third system before updating in the tables. By multimapping do u mean i use multiple messages and have 1:N mapping??

Then will these messages be treated as separate messages and independent of each other??

Karen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Then will these messages be treated as separate messages and independent of each other??

Yes. You can create 2 different Msg types and make the order in such a way that your master record is updated first.

Regards,

Jai Shankar