cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I map an Imported Web Services Model to a Structure Type ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

While trying to achieve the above, I was greeted with an error message "Incompatible context element type". It seems that NDS does not allow mapping between imported models and my structured data type defined in the dictionary. The only possible way is to drag the entire model and have it created as a new Model Node in the context. Am I doing something wrong here or this is NDS design intent ? Thank you.

from

Kwok Wei

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have dummy RFCs or webservices you can use those as models in webdynpro application and start working!!

Later you can change the destination to original RFC ( I am not sure ,i need to check this).

I feel at that time you need to rebing the model.

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anilkumar. Looks like I'm back to square one again then ... sigh. Actually I do believe you have (or some other kind forumers ) answered a similar questions that I have posted before regarding the re-use of models before... but I was hoping that by using data structure may help to circumvent the situtaion but I guess its back to the same problem. But either case, if you do tink of a better solution in future, do send your inputs to thsi thread. Thanks again.

from

Kowk Wei

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

is it that u are trying to mapp a model node to a value node? this cannot be done.

regards,

Piyush.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Piyush,

That is correct. But the whole idea is actually try to build my web dynpro UI based on the data structures that I have created in the dictionary such that once my back end model is ready for use, I need not re-build the interface again. Any suggestions ?

from

KW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why do you need to map a WebService Model attribute/node to a structure ??

Where you are trying to map in the IDE ??

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Morning Anilkumar,

Apologies for not painting a clearer picture. Let me try once again in more details.

Scenario:

We are trying to come up with an effective way of developing the front end and the R/3 backend in parallel. Since the demarc point between these two develeopment areas are the interfaces (I assume once the interface specs are defined, the wed dynpro portion can start developng by building stubs based on the specs till the actual model is ready), I was wondering if it is possible to build the UI first by importing dummy RFCs and webservices. Once the real model in the back end is ready, it can replace the dummy models.

One of the items I am trying to find out if its possible, is to created an identical set of data structures (dummy identical to the real structure)so that I can build my UI in advance based on the structures and in the event that there are any changes in the models, I will not need to tear my UI and re-build it all over again. But i noticed that NDS does not allow me to do context mapping betwwen data structure and the model.

I hope it sounds clearer now .. However, this is the first time I am doping a web dynpro project and my concepts may be wrong. If you have a better suggestion on how i can build my web dynpro UI in advance with minimal rebuilds once the models are ready, I will be happy to hear form you.

from

Kwok Wei