cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM Landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, All:

We are planning to use SAP SCM. There is one question about the landscape.

As we will install 3-tier SCM server (DEV - QAS - PRD), do we have to use 3-tier liveCache accordingly or only one liveCache for Production system is enough?

Any info will be highly appreciated!

Thanks a lot!

D.H

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you are using APO application component then you have to necessarily have three liveCache instances associated with each Application Server.

However both Application and liveCache server can physically be in the same hardware (server) per tier (DEV - QAS - PRD).

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Somnath:

Thanks for your reply.

But I want to know why we have to install liveCache for DEV and QAS system.

According to my understanding, the liveCache is used for better performance, right? If so, why should we use it for DEV and QAS system?

Could you pls tell more detail?

Thanks a lot!

D.H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi D.

In most areas, APO only uses LiveCache. The database is only there to store a replication of the live data. Yes it is for performance reasons, but it is not a turbocharger on an engine, it is the engine. >>> Great analogy Mark! Right on target.

Basically no LiveCache = no APO.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Message was edited by:

Somnath Manna

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi DH,

liveCache is not for better performance. It is an OO RDBMS (I don't know more about it - so don't ask me further on this) where all transaction data for APO is stored. In you SCM system are you going to use the APO application component - then you have to have liveCache. Without liveCache you will not be able to "store" any transaction data in APO.

If you are using other application components like EWM or ICH you are unlikely to use liveCache to store data.

Hope that explains it.

Thanks,

somnath

Answers (0)