cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTPEx: 501 Syntax errors in parameter in File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario idoc to file when I try sending file through the FTP connection I got the below error

An error occurred while connecting to the FTP server 'ftp-gw.dx.dxxxx.com:21'. The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 501 Syntax errors in parameter. usage: %[recipient id]%[APRF] where either [recipient] or [APRF] can be omitted. (to change your current default SEND relationship). %% (places you in your 'HOME' TR). &['s'|'single'] ('get' command gets single file). &['m'|'multiple'] ('get' command gets multiple files). '. For details, contact your FTP server vendor.

I have gone through the forum below which is also unanswered

Note: Luis Melgar and Satish Reddy please let me know if this problem is solved and also please share with me if any discussion you have in offline

Regards,

Senthil.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using variable substitution in your receiver comm. channel for filename/directory?

Please give details of the comm. channel settings

Bye

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Not sure whether I need to used the variable substituion but the user as specified to send file as

PUSHING FILES TO FTP Server

put localfilename %localfilename%CITISECUFLATNA%CITIGPASSIN%%B

currently I specified in comm. channel as

File Access parameters

Target Directory %xi_output.txt%CITISECUFLATNA%CITIGPASSIN%%B

Unchecked the checkbox Create Target Directory

File Name Scheme xi_output.txt

Please let me know if any more details required.

Regards,

Dhill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank it is solved once i give the Target Directory as %CITISECUFLATNA%CITIGPASSIN%%B and Unchecked the checkbox Create Target Directory

Thanks

Dhill