cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dispacher, deactivate a particular node how to?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any property that can be set in the Web dispatcher profile or the message server, which can stop sending any request to a particular J2ee instance in the cluster?

The business requirement is that one server (node) in the cluster should not receive any HTTP(s) request from the client, so that this server can be dedicated to run some application intensive routines.

One way that I have figured out is that we can deactivate a particular node from the Web dispatcher ICM web console, but this is not persisted and the settings go away when the web dispatcher is re started. How can I make it persist?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jonathon_sells3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sukanya,

Did you ever resolve this problem? We too want to deactivate a server from the Web dispatcher. We also need to connect directly to it as you require. When we used Gary's method of Config Tool --> Server_ID####### --> Debug --> Debuggable --> Restricted Load Balancing, we are also unable to connect to that node directly.

I have read through the Web dispatcher online Help. The mention creating groups but they all seem to pertain to ABAP groups using SMLG. Our Web dispatcher is used in a stictly J2EE environment.

There must must be a Profile setting or some config to restrict specified nodes... Let me know if you have found out?

Thank You,

Jon Sells

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried out the steps what you suggested but I dont want to run the server in debug mode.

I dont want the load balancing to be done by the dispatcher to one of the server(Java Dialog Instance) and i should also be able to directly connect to that server.

Message was edited by:

sukanya p

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sukanya,

Keep the server out of loadbalncer by renaming the keepalive .asp file.

Regards

ambicasony

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I am not able to get the .asp file. Please elaborate on this.

Thanks

Sukanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Goto <dir>:\DATA\Web\Host1\Pub\keepalive.asp.

Just rename this file (u can also name it with ur name.) it will be out of loadbalancer and the request will not be forwarded to this server.

Hope it helps you.

regards

ambicasony

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have searched the directory but I could not find the web dir. Can you please help me?

Regards,

Sukanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sukanya,

Were you able to figure out the way to take out one of the server nodes from the load balancing created by the dispatcher? We are looking for something like that, isolating a server node that can be used for specific purposes.

Let me know if you did find something, otherwise I will continue looking for and I will let sure know.

Thanks,

Zareh Vazquez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Zareh Vazquez,

The answer given by Gary did isolate the server node but the problem was that I did not want the server to start in the debug mode and the other problem was that I could not connect to that isolated server directly.

I could not figure out the answer. If you find it please inform me.

Thanks,

Sukanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The load balancing in the web dispatcher to the J2EE is handled by server groups

!J2EE and !J2EES. You can influence the J2EE application servers that are available for load balancing via the configtool as follows:

1. Start the J2EE Configtool

2. Select the instance to be removed

3. Select the Servers Debug tab

4. Select the Debuggable check-box

5. Select the Restricted load balance check-box

6. Save the changes

7. Restart the affected server

Is that what you're looking for ?

Regards,

Gary