cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe forms do not support Frontend printing. Can we user PDF1

Former Member
0 Kudos

What should be definition of the printer using PDF1 device type.

We have just upgraded to ECC 6.0 and we are having problems with Adobe forms that do not support frontend printing. Check note 685571

In the old version we were using SAPWIN(LOCL) printer for a lot of automated printing (printer definition specified in the config e.g. for Purchase order we define LOCL so when the purchase order is created the printout is send automaticaly)

This is a huge issue for our organisation as we are Global company and we cannot specify named printers in the config as people would end up runing from building to building (or country to country:) to collect their printout)

I was wondering if device like PDF1 can be used to achieve frontend printing for Adobe Forms. Has anybody used it and if so what should the printer definition look like

Regards,

Mariusz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have verified myself that PDF1 is not the answer to my problem

Check the note 685571.

It is clearly stating that Adobe forms would not support frontend printing.

We have a Russian country version and in ECC SAP have replaced most standard sapscripts with Adobe forms.

Since we used the in output determination using SAPWIN5 output device we are getting errors and no output is created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mariusz,

OSS Note 771683 has information PDF "printing"

But if I understand you correctly, PDF1 will not be a solution for you.

PDF1 does not output to printer, but to PDF file, so you will be creating PDF output from PDF form (although will have a spool record as well)

I am also confused, as surely you can print directly from the form using local printer?

Also LOCL printer still in ECC6, so why can't you use it in output determination?