cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt in File To File Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a doubt in File to File scenario.

Lets assume there are three systems where system'A' is sender, System 'B' is receiver and System 'XI' is the XI system. Now my aim is to transfer the file from system 'A' to system 'B' bys using system 'XI'. Now i have placed the file in system 'A' , and the required structures, mappings and configuration part is done. every thing is done in IR and ID and activated. But the file is not picking from the system 'A'. I have used file adapter for this at bothe sides, and i have taken transport protocal as NFS. What protocal i have to take whether NFS or FTP, if i need to use FTP what should i do , whether do i need to take any special permissions for FTP, what parameters i have to give for FTP . Kindly suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Prem.S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prem

<i>What protocal i have to take whether NFS or FTP</i>

if you want to store/transfer your file to XI server then use NFS protocol

but if you want to locate your file to some other application server then use FTP protocol

For using FTP protocol you need to install FTP server, create user , password then you have to specify this username and password in the communication channel under anonymous login option

Hope this helps

Regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>What protocal i have to take whether NFS or FTP,

if u want to transfer files using network protocol then take NFS

>>if i need to use FTP what should i do ,

select FTP as ur transfer protocol

>>whether do i need to take any special permissions for FTP, what parameters i have to give for FTP .

u need to take FTP server ip address, username, password.

for more details, follow the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/ae/d03341771b4c0de10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI prem,

Check Communication Chanel working or not in your Communication Channel monitoring in RWB.

for more help go through this link...

regards,

Ansar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prem,

once check communication channel in Adapter Framework.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

NFS is fine no need to use FTP . Also check the path you specified for input file in your sender adapter and make sure that from Xi server that folder is accessible .

for more details on file to file refer following blogs .

File to File Part1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

File to File Part 2

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

Thanks ,

Suvarna

Award pts if ans helps you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suvarna,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion, but how i can check whether the input file in my sender system is accessible from XI system. Is there any thing to do in XI server to check.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Prem.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Go to Adapter monitoring and check your sender communication channel what error it gives ??

Also make sure the path you specify in your sender communication channel starts with
and the first you specify the mapped drive name followed by actual path .

Also in the sender folder right click on your input file and make sure it is not read only .

Thanks ,

Suvarna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suvarna,

If iam saving it in c:\ drive of xi application server then i have to set path as
c:\. Please correct me if iam wrong.

Prem.S

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check with ur admin or basis. they can help u to provide u an ftp location in xi box. normally u can ping to that ftp location from ur desktop using "
<ip.address>" if u can access from desktop u can also get it done from CC of file adapter if also the connectivity parameters are set right.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our company they are not providing access to FTP server, then how can i acheive my file to file scenario. Can any body help me.

Prem.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi prem,

on xi server (run-->
<xi server ip>) either place place the file directly and jus give "/" in src dir or create a folder and give "/<foldername>" in src dir. this is for NFS.

also a few checks.

1. make sure file name is correct.

2. check status of ur CC in adapter monitoring

3. make sure CC is Active (Status --> Active at the bottom)

4. check status of message in MONI

[reward if helpful]

regards,

latika.