Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to open a popup by *-event

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a form and a table.

In the form, I have a button "details".

I want to open a popup that shows details on the selected line of the table.

I tried to use the asterisk-events (*openpop), as explained in the vc modelers guide. With this technique, I can transfer the selected table-row to a data store, but I cannot open a popup this way.

What did I do wrong?

Who knows a solution/workaround?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Benni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navneet,

thanks for your reply. I do know how to create a popup. The problem is, it is not launchable from a table, when the event comes from a form.

I cannot use the table's toolbar, as I need to disable and hide buttons dynamically. That's why I need a form with a button that launches the popup:

[TABLE]-----*openpopup--

>[POPUP]

[FORM]

The form contains the button, firing event "openpopup".

The above scenario doesn't work.

Who knows a solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i understood your problem correctly the you want to push the selected row data into the pop-up.

If so the try storing the selected row in a data store and on opening of a pop-up , pass the data from data store.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you understood the problem!

So your suggestion is that I should use a timer event to launch the popup, after the data is transferred to the data store? Did you try that? Does it work? The timer would have to fire only once and I would have a little time lag in my application. But it might work (in case the popup opens on timer event!)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you have button named "Details" which i gues should be used to open the pop-up.

You dont need a timer as Table triggers onselect event by default. So on firing of this event you hve to update the datastore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

that was a very helpful hint. It almost works

That only works for the initial select. But when I select a differen table row, the data ist not automatically transferred to the data store. Not for onselect or gotorow ....

Are you sure the event is onselect?

[TABLE]----whatevent here?-->[STORE]

[FORM]---openpop-->[POPUP]

Best Regards,

Benni

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didn't try your case, but i guess that's the event which Table fires on every row selection.

Did you check if the table selection property is enabled ?

Answers (0)