cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oracle Instantclient on Windows question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guru's,

I'm doing an upgrade of a portal 6 to a portal 7 in a Windows HA environment on Oracle 10.

Everything went well and the portal is starting.

But when I execute "sqlplus /nolog" on the CI (running on a different server than the DB) I get the following:

O:\usr\sap\PLP\JC00>sqlplus /nolog

SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.6.0 - Production on Thu Jun 21 09:03:26 2007

Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Meaning it's still using the oracle 9.2.0.6 client. The DB is running on 10.2.0.2 though. I was wondering how I can enable the instantclient on the CI and the DI now. Because if I remember well I read that Netweavers with a 7.00 kernel don't use the oracle 9.2.0.6 client, but the instantclient from oracle 10.

How do I enable it? I know I need to copy it to the exe dir on the SCS instance, which will synchronize the executables in the entire landscape, but I can't find anything on environment variables I need to set and such.

Thanks for your help.

Dieter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.6.0 - Production on Thu Jun 21 09:03:26 2007

is the sqlplus release not the one from the instant client.

check your environment.

it looks very much like you didn't deinstall the old 9.2 software and did not remove it from the environment variable path.

After installing Oracle10 your path environment varialbe should normaly reference the Oracle10 home\bin directory first and then the Oracle9 one.

Somebody seems have changed it.

If you still need the Oracle9 executables for another database please refere to the chapter Multiple Oracle Homes in the SAP Oracle Installation / Upgrade guide for more information how to correctly setup environment.

regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Peter.

That helped indeed.

Points awarded

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Chk the Oracle specifice enviroment varibles in CI.

Regards

Umesh K