cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regd: SALERT_CREATE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @,

I am using SALERT_CREATE for the alert purpose where I am making Lookup for the same in UDF and the send alert .

Now i observed that the particular RFC is present in both R/3 and XI when I am making look up in r/3 I am not getting any result .When I am making a lookup for the SALERT_CREATE in XI using and RFC Comm channel pointing to XI Business system I am able to throw error to alrtinbox.

Is this behaviour normal ?Because i was expecting the SLAERT_CREATE to be executed in R/3 Your views will help a lot in clearing my doubt

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit,

Why do you want to trigger the Alert on your R3 system?

The Alert is to be triggered on XI and hence you provide the details of your XI server here. This is standard behavior.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

If you want the alert to trigger in your R/3 system you can do the same.

For that you have to alert configuration in R/3 system.

But since XI is supposed to be used as central monitoring tool you should raise the alert in XI itself.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks for the reply .I was expecting the same but wanted to confirm.

So as per the normal behaviour we need to execute the RFC in the XI system only and not in R/3

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit,

You are using XI and so the alert has to be triggered on XI. Makes sense to me logically as well, and I have always seen monitroing done on XI.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

If you

1. Import the SALERT_CREATE rfc from R3 and accordingly create

interface and communication channel required.

2. Then if you call the rfc using a JCO call (RFC name and

communication channel will be the parameters ) in the UDF

then it should work

Regards

Sushil,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sushil,

In UDF I can't use the imported structure I will have to provide the XML in put required by RFC so whether I import or not wht difference its goin to make

Regards