cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping with useOneAsMany

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying a scenario from Sravya' blog(/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/08/message-mapping-simplified-150-part-ii) wherein the source structure is

Header 1..1

--MatDescr 1..1

Item 0..N

--ItemNo 1..1

--MatGroup 1..1

Target Strcutre

Header 1..N

--MatDescr 1..1

--MatGroup 1..1

--Item 1..1

-

ItemNo 1..1

The target strcutre will have N records for each ItemNo in source structure.

If I use the useOneAsMany fucntion then the context for MatDesc and ItemNo would be same. The context for MatDesc is HEADER but wihin the context of ItemNo, there is no such context as HEADER. How can I put the Context of ItemNo to that of MatDesc.

The structre for function mapping is:

MatDescr

ItemNo useOneAsMany MatDescr

ItemNo

Kindly let me know, how can I fill up the data in the HEADER(Target message) for each value of ItemNo.

Thanks,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit,

Please follow my reply in the below thread, It will give u an idea. Even the below thread deals with same issue. If you have any doubts reply back.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

<i>how can I fill up the data in the HEADER(Target message) for each value of ItemNo.</i>

Select the ItemNo field in the source. Change the context of ITemNo field in source to Header. Map the field ItemNo to Header in target.

Regards,

Sumit

ps : award points if that helped u.

0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

The context for ItemNo does not contain Header. The context contains 2 values: Item and Datatype name.

Do I need to do any more settings for the HEADER value to appear in the context of ItemNo.

Thanks,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

<i>The context for ItemNo does not contain Header. The context contains 2 values: Item and Datatype name.</i>

I just went through the blog. Context for Item No ..Header wont be present.

Everything is explained in the blog in a wonderful way. Read the same 2-3 times u will understand.

Incase you have doubt with <b>7.useOneAsMany</b>- in the blog..then heres what you need to do..

We have 3 fields in source..

1) MatDesc - Let the context be whatever is the default one.

2) ItemNo - Change the context to Item.

3) ItemNo - Let the context be whatever is the default one.

Regards,

Sumit