Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDN like Screen creation using WDA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I want to create a screen similar to SDN i.e

Top - Welcome and logo , Menu bar.

Left - Navigation Pannel (no search needed)

Right - Corresponding ABAP reports or screens that i selected on the Navigation .

Can anyone tell me which UI elements to use for that and if any examples are there for Menu creation (both in Masthead and in Navigation pannel ). If possible give me a step by step procedure (bcoz i'm new to WDA).

Thanks

Jimmy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy,

You can use a caption element for the page title, with an icon. Then you can include a horizontal gutter element for separation. After that include a group with width 100% for the Menu bar. If you do not have a menu with menu items, but have only links like in SDN, then you can get it done with linktoaction elements itself. Place a series of linkToAction UI elements in your group. If you have 5 menu items, specify the layout of your group as Grid Layout with col count = 5 with appropriate cell padding etc.

For the bottom part of the page, have a transparent container, grid layout, col count = 2. In the container, include 2 elements - a group and a view container ui element. This will be your left and right part of the page. Your left pane group will have width 20%. Right pane can be a transparent container or a viewcontainerui element, width 80%. The group for the left pane will have a series of linkToAction elements again. Have the layout for this group as flow layout, or grid with colcount = 1.

On click of each link, if you call different views, embed them dynamically in the viewcontainer element. The layout of your rootuielement container will be flow layout, as default.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Nithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nithya ,

Thanks for helpful answer . Can you give me your mail ID if you dont mind. I have few more douts which i will ask you after trying it of my own first.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy,

You can post your queries in the forum which is a better source of answers from many experts. You can mail me at nithya.s@sap.com

I suggest you have a look at the component <b>WDR_TEST_EVENTS</b>. This component is a demo on using all the UI elements. The main view of the component is very similar to the SDN page itself. Where you have a list of links and views embedded to the right. Check it out, it would be very helpful.

Regards,

Nithya