cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master data collection template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

Can anybody help me with the sample of Master data collection template for SAP PS project....

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Abhijit Sen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abhijit Sen,

You would prepare a template so that date would be extracted from the legacy system in the format that you want. For that you would first need to analyse both SAP and legacy system. You would analyse legacy system tables and the data relevant for SAP.

Collection template should have:

field name in Legacy

Description

field name in SAP

Description

length specification etc.

You would identify mandatory fields in each transaction of SAP. If you wont get any of that data you can use some logic to fetch the same or use constant values in the program/LSMW.

You would then get the excel file.

You would have to use LSMW tool or custom program (BDC or BAPI) to upload the data into SAP. Usually LSMW is used for uploading master data.

Visit the following link:

Where you would also find differences between BDC and LSMW.

For information regarding LSMW steps visit the following link:

/people/hema.rao/blog/2006/09/14/lsmw--step-by-step

http://help.sap.com/bp_blv1500/BL_US/html/dataconv_lsmw.htm

BDC/BAPI Steps:

1. Fetch Data (Download/Read Dataset/Select from Tables)

3. Massage data as per SAP format.

3. Validation Check

4. Pass valid data to BDC (Call Transaction/Session) or BAPI

5. In case of session method - session log is generated. In case of Call transaction you can use an internal table with structure BDCMSGCOLL to get messages. In case of BAPI the messages will be returned in return table (strcutre BAPIRET2/BAPIRETTAB).

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit

To my knowledge there is no Master Data for PS!. Can some one correct me if i am wrong pl?

If you are looking for transferring of existing project structure which are created in MS excel (legacy data) to be transferred to SAP PS, then you can transfer the data through LSMW or BDC program.

Hope I have clarified.

Enjoy SAP....

Regards

Sudhakar

PS: Pl reward points for suitable sulution.