Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User cannot be unlocked

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am trying to unlock a user locked due to incorrect logins, the message "user(rfcuser) is still locked" when i unlock it and then try to login it displays message user locked.

I tried to lock it and unlock it but there is no use in it,

still the user gets the same problem. I am facing this problem only for this particular user id , where all other user ids are working fine.

I even deleted the user from SAP level and fron Data base level, and then i have created the same user (rfcuser), But still it prompts message that user is locked.

Can anyone tell me what would be the reason for this problem and how to provide a solution for it.

Regards,

Mag.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Magham,

Check for the user being used in any of the RFC configuration and password.

If the password is changned and the system is trying with old password it gets locked.

Delete the user and check for the message for locked.

Cheers

Soma

6 REPLIES 6

l_borsboom
Active Participant
0 Kudos

My idea would be that some interface i trying - on a very regular basis, maybe every other second - to log on, using the wrong password. After a few unsuccessful logons (depending on your system parameters) the userid will be locked again.

You will have to specify the correct password in the sending system. If you don't know which interface is failing, try tracing the userid with transactions ST01.

Good luck!

Lodewijk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Magham,

Check for the user being used in any of the RFC configuration and password.

If the password is changned and the system is trying with old password it gets locked.

Delete the user and check for the message for locked.

Cheers

Soma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the system you're trying to unlock the user on part of CUA? if so make sure local unlocking is allowed with the trans SCUM in the parent client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would also check ST22 and SM21 for some help as to the source of the RFC call that is locking your user. You could also rename the id something else to escape the other systems SM59 calls.

Former Member
0 Kudos

David Wood 's reply hit the mark. This is the message you will get if you have CUA and the SCUM setting under Lock tab for "Incorrect login" is set to global, so you can only unlock from your Central Client.

Thanks,

Lye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This could be some interface is using that id for connecting . check the RFC connection for that interface and you need to synchonize the passworh which you changed and in the rfc connection . Then this will be resolved

Thanks

Jags