cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smartform purchase order print duplex terms

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have made change to print TERMS page last and it works.

Also the folder NOTES after MAIN still works as does page number, ie the TERMS do not add to total number of pages.

However, page TERMS does not duplex and the printer can print in duplex. The device is HPLJ4350 and set for HP4300; but I did see that it did not have specific print mode print controls on that device type.

I used SO10 for text SAPSCRIPT-PRINTMODETEST and it does all the print modes fine.

SMARTFORM /SMB40/MMPO_L was used as base form that I modified.

I added command node at end of MAIN where I checked Go to new page and Include Printer Control SPMDU (this is the print control that was not specific to the device type).

Any correct solutions will bring points to you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

iam printing PO, on every page on the back side i want to print some standard text. on one side i want PO information, on backside i need some standard text to be printed.

I have been trying with print mode D and following settings in Smartform.

<b>Page next-page mode</b>

First Terms D

Terms First Blank

I have a main window in page First and explicit command to switch over to Terms page.

Fine am getting printed the Terms page on the back side of First page.

But after the Terms page again the First page is getting printed even there is no data to be printed .

Pls help me how could i solve this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you want to do the following...

PAGE > NEXT PAGE > OUTPUT OPTION (print mode)

FIRST > TERMS > D(uplex)

TERMS > NEXT > blank

NEXT > TERMS > D(uplex)

The variation in my scenario previously described I wants the terms only on the back of last page. I have since read that it is now believed that it is better to have preprinted terms and NOT have logic to print terms in SMARTFORM at all. But I don't buy that as I feel the resource usage is not really a big deal and printing terms does NOT really impact adversely. However, if you want solution that is universal regardless of print hardware capabilities, preprinting is the way to go.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apparently when you define print control Duplex it means current page is front and next page will be on back IF the next page has blank print control.

So FIRST PAGE calls NEXT PAGE AND both at in Duplex.

A command at end of MAIN calls ther TERMS page that has blank print control.

The NOTE prints at bottom of last page (either FIRST or NEXT) and TERMS prints on back of that last page.

It is really easy once you hit the right solution AND stay away fromm using Output Options - Include Printer Control as this is too dependent on the actual print controls found in SPAD for the particular device type.

Again KISS wins!