Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Installation config for SLD.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is for PI 2004s, which is ABAP+J2EE.

I am doing a Post Inst. activity for SLD using the guide for SLD of NetWeaver 7.0.

I am in the section "Configuring SLD Security Roles". It is asking that if role does not exists in ABAP systen then create it. Two roles SAP_SLD_DATA_SUPPLIER and SAP_SLD_SUPPORT does not exists in ABAP. I can create them in ABAP using PFCG but <b>my question is that do I have to put some authorization to it or just create and generate a blak role.</b>

I know that same role will be visible as group in J2EE.

Please let me know. Your help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Sume.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sume,

As I have read the Post-installation guide for SLD in Netweaver 7.0, it says there that when your UME has ABAP as back-end data source, all groups already exist except for SAP_SLD_DATA_SUPPLIER and SAP_SLD_SUPPORT. As convention, user roles in ABAP appear as groups in J2EE side. This means, you do not have to create the roles SAP_SLD_DATA_SUPPLIER and SAP_SLD_SUPPORT in the ABAP stack using PFCG because in the first place they do not really exist there. Insead create this roles as Groups in Java through UME and assign them security role as stated in the post-intsallation guide.

Hope this helps you,

God Bless

Jennah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you very much for avoiding my confusion. I think you are right. I will create them in J2EE only.

Thank you.

SSC.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Post Confihuration for SLD.

http://help.sap.com/bp_epv170/EP_US/Documentation/How-to/Configuration/Post_Install_SLD_NW_2004s.pdf

But if you are looking at PI Post installation process , Follow this note and explicit post installation for SLD is not necessary.

940309 Change PI default client after 2004s Installation .

Award points if helpful.

Thanks,

Tanuj