cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible subsequent activities in Alert email not showing as a url..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I got 2 question that follows.

1.I am getting the alert email from alert inbox.But in my email i see the

Possible subsequent activities as a plain text instead of the url link

which we are supposed get by default.this is the setting for

smtp

in scot
output format for SAP Document:
SAP script/forms---pdf
abaplist ---htm
BusinessObject/Link ---htm
Raw text - txt

2.Also From my alert inbox when i go Subsequent activities i see two link,but if i click it i get the BSP Error as follows

Calling the BSP Page terminated with error.
BSP Exception: Das Objekt 860BDEE01F4D11DCA352001560DE8986 in der URL /sap(bD1lbiZjPTEwMCZkPW1pbg==)/bc/bsp/sap/alertinbox/860BDEE01F4D11DCA352001560DE8986 ist nicht gültig.

Any help appreciated.

Aravind

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

Would be great if you can mark the thread as answered if you found the solution.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

I tried it to my gmail id,the subsequent link is still not showing as a url.

All other alert categories are working fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

Can you post the link which you are getting in your mail id.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

This is what i get for the possible subsequent activities

Possible Subsequent Activities

Message Monitor 1D085EE024E911DC8AF312F926C1D73B Message Monitor (Secure Connection) 1D085EE024E911DC8AF312F926C1D73B

I am suppose to get the message monitor link as url and meesage monitor(secure connection) as url..

Any help greatly appreciated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

That shows you are not at all getting the correct link.

Not sure why you are getting the same. i also used to get it initially . i dont remember what i did to solve the problem.

Dont u get the link in your alert inbox ? ie when you login to rwb and select alert inbox link . Just select any alert and check if you are getting the link in the possible subsequent activ tab.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, i am getting the link there,but if i click the link from there,it gives me the BSP error i mentioned before..

But the alerts created by other on the same system has got the urls in their emails..my category does not give me a url....weird..something is missing in my config or user settings....???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

You can manually add the alert link in the inbox when you define alrtcatdef.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is that link not going to change for each message??ie is it not dynamic??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

I Guess you are not getting the link cause the alert is generated when the error occurred in sender file adapter. In case of sender file adapter there is no question of link coming up because no message has been generated and hense there will not be any link...Please confirm the same after checking..

Try raising a error in XI ..like a mapping error. In that case a link will be generated for sure.

Secondly the link is supposed to be dynamic. I thougth since you are not getting why not add the link manually. You can ignore this for the time being.

Regards,

Sumit

ps : award points if that solved your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

i tried raising error in XI ,that solved the problem.Thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

Regarding the first problem

Possible subsequent activities as a plain text instead of the url link

I had also encountered the same problem long time back. It is not related to configuration of any thing in scot. You need to change something in your outlook express or your mail editor. Try sending mail to gmail id or any other mail id and check if you are getting the link or just plain text. I believe in gmail you will get the link.

Regards,

Sumit

ps : award points if that helped u

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

The second issue seems to be because of fully qualified host name or alertinbox services are not active or the port mentioned in the link is wrong.

Refer SAP note 750287 for further details.

Copied the note for your reference..

<i>Check the following property under "RuntimeWorkbench" in the ExchangeProfile:

com.sap.aii.rwb.server.centralmonitoring.httpport

and, if necessary, set it to the value that the ICM monitor displays as the HTTP port of the WebAs (Transaction SMICM -> Goto -> Services).

You also need to fully identify the host name in the property

com.sap.aii.rwb.server.centralmonitoring.r3.ashost

(for example, host1234.wdf.sap.corp instead of host1234).

After you have made the adjustments, update the cache by calling the following URL:

http://<J2EE-Host>:<HTTP-Port>; /rwb/rtc?op=init

where <J2EE-host> is the host name of your J2EE and <HTTP-Port> stands for the HTTP port of the J2EE.</i>

Regards,

Sumit

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The second issue is normally due to connectivity problems on the network or the fact that ICF services are not activated or there is no Host File Entry on the machine in which you are trying to connect to the URL.

Regards

Bhavesh