Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver install

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is where i am stuck...

Started installing ecc, finished the non-unicode central instance install with no errors, then during the database instance it hung on dbload(final step) as file system ran out of space, fixed the space and then when it was running the dbload accidentlly hit the reset button when i got some popup.

Again accidentally restarted the install with unicode...which totally failed as the logs are full of catalog not found as expected..

Now the question is if i restart the ecc non-unicode install will it notice that the db has been partly populated and continue or what would happen..any ideas.......has this been tried..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I highly recommend starting your installation over at this point. Personally, if you continued on, I would not trust that the installation were error free. Re-starting with a clean slate would be the only thing that would give me that "warm-fuzzy" feeling about the installation, and now is your best opportunity to do it. Finding out later, if you continue on, would not be that great and may cause you to re-install anyway.

Since you are doing a new install, I would recommend performing a Unicode installation in the first place. Eventually you will have to go to Unicode and this saves you a conversion in the future.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm with Matt on both counts. I'd re-install and do a unicode install this time. This is the last release that will be non-unicode. For more details on SAP and the unicode decision see service.sap.com/unicode

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Matt and Eric,

ok i guess its my mistake, wasnt clear,

1) 1st install , sap sid =c12, unicode....

2) 2nd install , sap sid = prd = started with unicode, hung due to disk space, that got reset, started non-unicode(failed as it must)...

Now back to your statements about starting afresh....how ? is there a way that i can drop the tables for the second install as its a different db schema, sapprd, can i just drop that ..as the installer has been reset, prescence of files and folders..

i think i need some advice...

any thoughts..........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The procedure is in the installation guide under "Deletion of an SAP System Installation".

Best Regards,

Matt

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to do 2 things :

1. Go to the Installation master menu and select the option of Remove the sap installation , this will ask you the installation profile directory and then it will remove almost EVERYTHING for that SID, in your case you can erase all the stuff for the SID you don't want or for both SID's.

2. Restart the installtion and choose the Unicode option since the DB is code page 4103 for that and everything is now Unicode, and if prompted that database is already existing , then choose the option of delete and recreate.

hope this helps and if solved pls add points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

jut try only database instance which can be started by deleting the folder which will be in oracle with the sid of the system ,then retart database instance ,hope this will work.

regards

zia