cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import running

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have created a product and a software component and defined the usage dependencies in the SLD.

I have created a domain, and a track for the software component. I also defined the required software components in the CMS. I have performed the activity "Import" of the required software components (SAP_BULDIT, SAP_JEE, SAP_JTECHS). After a long time, the status for these components changes to "Import Running".

The question is "Import Running" means the three compoents (SAP_BULDIT, SAP_JEE, SAP_JTECHS) are imported into the configured "Run Time System".

can the development configuration for the track can be imported into the NetWeaver Developer Studio with the status as "Import Running"?.

I appreaciate your help!

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to perform activities as mentioned in JDI Cookbook for ESS.

At this moment, I think everytime a new track is created, all the three standard components have to be imported into runtime apartfrom other components required for development in NWDI. Please correct me if I am wrong.

null

Message was edited by:

minisap g

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Importing the devconf in the NWDS should not be a problem, but with out the imports you will not be able to build or create DCs. It also looks like your import is not working. Check the log files to make sure that the import is actally running.. Hope you have performed all the post installation steps for CBS.

Thanks,

Vineeth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vineeth,

thanks for your reply.

I read in one of the threads that import will be running in the background. I am waiting till I see the "Import Finished".

I have created a track with for SAP_ESS software component. I see the required components (SAPBULDT/JTECHS/JEE/SAPPCUI_GP) for it.

When I went to Transport Studio in CMS, I do not see SAPPCUI_GP in the "Check-In" list. I see only the three standard components. Why it is like this?

I do not know what are the post installation steps for CBS? Could you send me any link to perform this activity.

Thanks!

minisap..G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will find all the post installation steps with the link- http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/d8/217b426af4b767e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Navigate to the "Configuring the CBS" section. you can also check whether you have performed the other post installation steps

thanks,

vineeth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineeth,

Thanks for the link. However, I am working on Sneak Preview version (NW04 SP16). I have followed the guide<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/419b479b-0801-0010-f8a1-c26208b4b209">Post Installation Guide for Sneak Preview NW04 SP15</a> to configure NWDI. I was unable to redeploy DTR as mentioned in the step 3:

<b>Open the SCA file “SAPDEVINF11_0.SCA” under

<the_folder_you_extracted_the_files_to>NWSneakPreviewSP15SAP_Net

Weaver_04_SR_1_Java_DVDJ2EE_OSINDEPJDIONLINE with WinZip or

WinRAR and extract the sda file “sap.comtcdtr~dbschema.sda“.

(Note, that there are installation instructions regarding this folder).</b>

I did not find the file <b>sap.comtcdtr~dbschema.sda</b> in the folder. I maintained the rest clearly.

Still, the SAP-JEE component status is "Import Running". The status for other components is "Import Failed". I have maintained the heap size as mentioned (512 MB) also.

Please help me to get rid of this error for sneak preview.

Thanks!

Siribabu G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I dont know why its not there in ur SCA ...I have down loaded the same package for SP16 and I have the file ....I check the SCa that u downloaded confirm its for the same SP ie SP16...its a 40 kb file i will send it to u if u could give ur mail id

Have send the file

Regards

Krishna

Message was edited by:

krishnagopal Mukundan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

could you please send the file to my id gsbabu21@gmail.com.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai

me also same problame i didn't find that file

"sap.comtcdtr~dbschema.sda"

please mail me, vvrao.sap@gmail.com

sincerely

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP_BULDIT, SAP_JEE, SAP_JTECHS are always pre-req files .they do not contain any source code . so you cannot do anythign with these files in nwds and i am not sure what your are trying to import