cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration Optimization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to find out ways to optimize database export/import for Oracle databases.

I tried splitting the STR files with -top 50 option. But it put the DDLOG and DDNTF into seperate STR files and the export fails with error like DDNTF.TSK is empty.

I want to export without splitting files but in order to optimize the export, I would need to find a way to divide the different TABART files into smaller ones.

What are the other ways of doing this? Can I change the TABART's for the tablespaces in TAORA and TAIORA before the export and later after import put it back to normal in migrated system.

I am not using the migration monitor, and am guessing this might work.

Are there any problems in doing this?

Pleae suggest

Thanks

Cyrus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The splitter tool functionality is available from within sapinst.

Is that not good?

And what about changing the TABARTS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cyrus,

It depends on your SAPinst release. Better use the one from Service Marketplace. May be you are able to exchange them in the installation directory.

To change TABARTs could be done too, but it would be much more work. TABARTs are better for moving tables into there own tablespaces instead of separating packages. Therefore the splitter tool is much better, at least when you got R3szchk running.

Regards

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cyrus,

please use the latest Java Splitting tool from Service Marketplace for release 7.00. It is downwards compatible to all supported releases.

Go to <a href="https://service.sap.com/swdc">https://service.sap.com/swdc</a> and then follow SAP Support Packages -> (right Frame) Entry by Application Group -> (left frame) Additional Components -> System Copy Tools -> System Copy Tools 7.00 -> System Copy Tools 7.00 -> #OS independent and download SPLIT_2-20001410.SAR. Read the contained PDF document and follow the instructions.

Regards

Ralph