cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM integration without Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I hope we can have MDM implementation without solution manager. (Please correct me if I am wrong.)

Can anybody explain me the concerns if I don't have solution manager in my MDM implementation framework.

Customising Steps to integrate all the components with MDM Server.

Thanks in advance,

Regards..

Sambhaji

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sambhaji,

Which release are you referring to?

The current release SAP NetWeaver MDM 5.5 does not require Solution Manager for implementation. (Customizing tasks are done in the MDM Console).

As far as MDM 3.00 is concerned, the Solution Manager is used for Customizing synchronization and distribution. Please refer to the relevant Master Guide in the Service Marketplace for further information.

Regards, Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus,

I am refering to MDM 3.00 only and

I understood that solution manager is required for customising synchronisation and distribution.

Please guide me can we have MDM 3.00 customizing without solution manager.

If yes, Where can I get the steps to do that.

Thanks and Regards,

Sambhaji

Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sambhaji,

There has been a similar question on this before. Please refer to the "MDM and synchronization of configuration data needed for master data" thread in the MDM discussion forum, initiated by Thorsten Staby, dated March 9, 2004, and the answers provided (especially the answer given by Markus Breiter).

Hope this helps,

Regards, Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus,

But still my question is unanswered. The question you are referring to is if solution manager is in MDM installation landscape and still having some problems.

But my question is If I dont't use solution manager then is it possible to implement MDM.- I hope answer is yes. and second question is where can I get the stepwise implementation or configuration guide if I don't have solution manager. SAP configuration documents are designed using solution manager as integral part.

Thanks and Regards,

Sambhaji

Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sambhaji,

all relevant documentation, such as the Master Guide and the Configuration Guide, is provided in the Service Marketplace: http://service.sap.com/instguidesNW04 ->

- Planning -> SAP MDM (display the MDM 3.00 Master Guide, which provides information on how and when to use the Solution Manager)

- Installation -> SAP MDM (display the relevant MDM 3.00 Configuration Guide(s).

Regards, Markus