cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTPS with Client Authentication in SOAP sender Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In SOAP Sender communication channel. When I generate WSDL with “HTTP Security Level = HTTP:” it works when third party tries to send data to XIwebservice.

But when I tried with “HTTPS with Client Authentication” option its giving error

“InfoPath either cannot connect to the data source, the service has timed out, or the server has an invalid certificate.”

Please guide how to use “HTTPS with Client Authentication” option, and what all configuration need to apply in XI & in third party to use this.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

To use HTTPS with client authentication authentication option ,first make sure that u have installed correct certificate both on XI side and on third party side and then only u can use this option.

Check the certificates which are there on XI and Third party.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

Where and how to check these certificates?

Can i check XI webservice scenario with Altova XML spy after applying certificate to XI? or after applying certificate we can check webservice scenario only with third party which also having certificate.

Regards

Former Member
ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rohan,

With spy you can trace the entire route, since you are using client authentication using certificate, it would be a better option to verify with the certificate.

You also have the option of using a username/pwd combo though that is not advocated as it lowers security levels and is permeable to passive sniffing.

So the answer to your question is yes, after importing the certificate with sender and third party reciever a test would reveal the complete scenario along with any issues that you could encounter..

Regards

Ravi Raman