cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service Action Block

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm attempting to call a web service that we have developed. I'm able to configure the webservice block without any problems. However, when I attempt to execute the block I get a "Internal server error" message. When I look in the general log I have the following message:

<b>Classname:</b> IntrospectionUtilities

<b>Mesage:</b> Generic Reflection error (Set): java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.lighthammer.xacute.actions.webservice.WebServiceAction.setSoapService(java.lang.String) -> setSoapService

Does anyone know what this message means ?

Thanks

Glenn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sufw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

...and it needs to be a synchronous web service.

I'd recommend an open-source tool called soapUI to run tests against your WSDL and web service.

HTH,

Sascha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the link to soapUI, it allowed me to call the web service and see the problem in the format of the xml.

0 Kudos

Glenn,

Unfortunately its not easy to tell why the Web Service call is failing without knowing what the Web Service is doing. But I can explaing what the SoapService is in xMII and maybe this will help....

The Soap Service to xMII is a helper class that parses the WSDL for the various ports and operations that are defined. It gets the transport URI of the service and also the SOAP Body to be used as a reference.

If your WebService fails to return these or they are malformed then the SoapService object will not create properly and cause this method to fail. My suggestion is to either examine your Web Service to make sure it meets proper W3 standards OR to use the POST action block to perform the HTTP operation.

Hope this helps.

-Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, the web service must use the Document/Literal style (as recommended by the WS-I organization for interoperability). Lastly, make certain that you have 11.5 SR3 installed, as there were a number of important fixes/enhancements to the web service action.