cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication between a web service and XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VC experts,

I'm in a deadline date to show the project clients a proof of concept that show the VC consuming data from XI through a XI generated WSDL file deployed as a web service.

When I test the web service with soapUI or XMLSpy, as there's a place to fill the username and password who has access to XI, the web service works just fine.

But, when I try to access it using a system object created inside SAP Portal, it fails.

I tried it in

two

ways:

1. Using the system in a

VC model

. I can get the web service input/output parameters, select those I need to use (The same used when I test it through soapUI and XMLSpy) and, when I execute the test (Using the "Test Data Service" feature), the VC shows me the message "

Portal request failed (Could not execute Web service operation)

"

2. Creating a

Web Service iView

inside the SAP Portal. Informing the same input parameters as the tests described above, and when I preview it, the message "

Function execution failed. Exception message: Could not execute Web service operation

" is showed inside the iView.

I really appreciate any help. (And I promise I'll reward these helps with points!)

Thanks in advance,

André

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lanzlf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi André

You can visit the https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/Connectivity page for troubleshooting.

Also it should be great if you let us know the SPS level and the way you register the WebService in the Portal to be reached on the VC Storyboard.

Best Regards,

Luis