cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

performance issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As our testing team is going to perform a test scenario of generating 5000 invoices,

INFO: When they did 500 invoice generation, it took 30mints time

What are the chances of affect on performance?

What sort of care should be taken from basis point of view?

Points 'll be awarded for suitable replies

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramakrishna,

Some questions for you..before i can answer this..

The questions:

1. Are all users or only certain users affected by the performance problem? If only certain users are affect, which ones? (users of specific transactions and if yes, which transactions ? Users on specific appplication servers?)

2. If only certain transactions are affected, are these "always affected" or does the bad response time seem to depend on the input parameters?

3. If all users are affected, does the problem occur "always" or only at certain times or under certain conditions?

4. Has the R/3 System, the database or the operating system been updated recently?

5. Has the hardware environment been changed of late (new hardware, changed network configuration and so on)?

6. Did the problem occur "overnight" or has it developed over a period of time?

7. Have you addded any new applications (e.g. productive startup of SD in a system in which FI has been productive for a long time)?

This is a standard questionnaire that helps me fix issues..

Regards

Ravi Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

My suggestion would be to break this job into small chunks of 500 and allow these jobs to run in parallel with each other, perferably in Backgournd, 4 at a time. Of course I would test this also in QA first before moving to Production.

Your QA system should be smaller than Production and by using a simple ratio formula you will develop the difference in performance over time. For example our Production system is twice as fast as our QA, and sometimes even quicker than that, depening on the type of job.

Experiment with running these jobs together and in times when there are the least users on the system. Use OPMODE scheduling to ensure you have enough processes setup to do the work.

In the end, more RAM & CPU always helps these situations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replies,

Info : They are on Q12 for generating invoices;

It is specific to few(2 or 3) custom tcodes.

It is NOT a regular process

I hope this info will help in providing more precise answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ram,

I would say kindly ask user to schedule these jobs in background and provide enough of Background WP.

Set up proper operation mode setting so that you will not face any issues with dialogue users.

Thanks & Regards

Vivek