cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Error Reading roles (Not maintained/no authorization?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys.,

I was trying to create a Vendor Employee via Browser( Manage business partners ) , got a error msg. "Error Reading roles (Not maintained/no authorization?)" . Can some one help ??

The problem started, when I tried to replicate Vendor from ERP -to- EBP, via BBPGETVD. It would allow only if i select, "With out reference to backend purchasing org." & "If r/3 number assignment is not possible: internal number assignment" !!

Now when I try to "add employee" via "Manager Business Partner" - "Employee for Business Partner" it gives me --> "Error Reading roles (Not maintained/no authorization?)"

Is it because of Security , I've SAP_ALL but that still dint help.

Appreciate some insight..

rgds,

-Rupesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for a quick educated response !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>The necessary roles and profiles in this case seems to be missing.</b>

Take help of BASIS Team.

The user (Vendor Employee created via Browser( using Manage business partners transaction - BBPMAININT ) ) should have the roles

<u>Composite roles -></u>

SAP_BBP_STAL_VENDOR

SAP_BBP_STAL_ADMINISTRATOR

<u>Single Roles -></u>

SAP_EC_BBP_VENDOR

SAP_EC_BBP_ADMINISTRATOR

<b>Related links -></b>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/a0/10213862f7bd47e10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Also check, what roles are assigned in your user profile using SU01 Transaction as well as the created vendor in SRM.

<u>Other Related link -> Manage External Partners </u>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/56/54f137a5e6740ae10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Hope this will help. Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

-thank you all for a quick response.

Does the SRM user need to be part of Org Structure (PPOMA_BBP) for him to create a Vendor Employee via "Employee of Business Partner".

Reason: I was able to create with a user, who already is a memeber of Org Structure.. but not as a SRM configurator (not part of org structure) with the above roles.

regards.,

-Rupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Rupesh. The individual who is responsible for creating new users needs to be a valid User within the SRM organization structure w/ Attributes maintained, along with Attribute ROLE.

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

Have you tried to fill the atribute ROLE for the user you have logged in Tx ppoma_bbp?

I hope this help

Former Member
0 Kudos

To clarify a bit what Jorge said:

The user (your own probably) you use to change the business partner data should have role: SAP_BBP_STAL_ADMINISTRATOR maintained in attribute ROLE in transaction ppoma_bbp.