cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landscape publication to SMD server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to setup Solution Manager Diagnostics but I am having problems with publishing the SMD agent data to the SMD server.

When I run SMDIAG_WIZARD it asks me to enter the server data but there are no servers displayed. When I login to the SMD server I get a message saying no landscape element has been found. I suspect this is because I have not published the data. I have followed the manual configuration steps in SMSY because the system I need to monitor exists in a different environment and is not registered in the SLD.

I have checked my Solution Manager configuration and I am unable to identify what is missing. Please can someone suggest what I might be missing in order to get the server data in SMDIAG_WIZARD?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

stephan_prat
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi James,

If you are installing SMD SPS12 you do no have to use this wizard anymore.

Everythhig is done directly in SMD with Monitored System Setup.

Regards,

Stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Stephan is right, but if you don't see the Solution you created in the smdiag_wizard transaction it won't work either. You should assign some logical components to your solution to be able to publish it to the smd.

Regards,

Koen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try adding the parameter sap.solution.manager.server.name={server name} into the runtime.properties file in the SMDagent configuration folder. Then stop and start the SMD and try SMDIAG_WIZARD again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your reply.

I do not want to publish the data to the SLD. The monitoring system SMD is in a different landscape to the system I want to monitor which runs the diagnostics agent. These landscapes must remain completely separate.

I am trying publish the data for the SMD agent to the SMD server in Solution Manager. I have followed the manual steps in the Diagnostics setup guide (not with SLD) to setup my systems in Solution Manager.

The problem I have is when I run transaction SMDIAG_WIZARD in Solution Manager. It should list the servers where the Diagnostics Agents are running and allow me to publish the data to the SMD server. However there are no servers to select during this part of the wizard?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's done on the other way around: You need to configure in each satellite system in transaction RZ70 to send the data to the SLD. You use then SMSY to RETRIEVE the data from the SLD, you don't populate TO SLD.

--

Markus