cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MTT-Communication Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am trying to do a sync for data for MTR application and I see the following error message in the client and in the NWA (Generic Sync que monitor)

"Due to a communications error method WAF_TRIP_GET_LIST could not be executed"

How to I trouble should the error. Had any body came across this kind of error during the implementation of MTT.

Please help with some solutions. I have gone through the previous threads and tried trouble shooting it, but not able to find out the problem.

Thanks

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Please check the entries in table MEMAPPDEST. Check for the RFC destination configured for this method. Also perform a connection test for this RFC destination using SM59.

Regards,

Nameeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nameeta

Thanks for the reply. The entries in the table MEMAPPDEST are fine. I created a RFC destination in SM59, only in the MI server and tested it and is working fine and this RFC I used to map the functional modules in the table. I have a small confusion here, There four ways of creating a RFC destinations given in the configuration guide. I used the first one -"Creating an RFC Destination (Middleware)" to the back end system and the test works fine.

What about the rest four ways?

Creating an RFC Trusted Connection (Middleware)

Creating an RFC Destination (Backend)

Creating an RFC trusted Connection (Backend)

Creating a Role with authorization object S_RFCACL (Backend)

When they have to be used?.

Please clarify

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Are you using the same middleware system as the backend also. In this case u dont have to make an entry in the MEMAPPDEST table.

I am not sure which Configuration Guide you are referring to, but please follow the steps given the MI Installation Guide for making entries in the configuration tables for Generic Sync. I shall explain this with an example:

If WAF_TRIP_GET_LIST is the RFC to be called in the backend system, then in the table MEMAPPDEST, make an entry

WAF_TRIP_GET_LIST RFCTEST

where RFCTEST is a RFC destination of type 3 which connects to the backend system.

If WAF_TRIP_GET_LIST resides in the same middleware system, then u dont have to make any entry in the above mentioned table.

U mentioned that u have used the first one - -"Creating an RFC Destination (Middleware)". By middleware do u mean the same system?

Regards,

Nameeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply Nameeta

FYI, I am using the config guide xApps MTT 2.0.

We have ECC5 for the back end and the MI is in a separate box which I mention it as middleware. I created the RFC destination with type 3, as you said and tested it in the MI server which points to my back end. In the mapping table I missed the system release field. There was an OSS note to add the correct system release (4th column in MEMAPPDEST). I am about to do it. Let me see if that works.

If there is some thing to do with RFC other than what I did, Please do let me know

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

You need to setup the similar RFC connection from your backend to the middleware and then convert it into trusted RFC between two machines.

Your user account also should have S_RFCACL authorisation to invoke RFC-calls.

Best regards,

Laziz

Message was edited by:

Laziz Turakulov

Former Member
0 Kudos

Laziz,

This worked. Creating a trusted relationship and giving the system release in the MEMAPPDEST, made my MTT sync to work.

I have awarded points.

Thanks

Raj

Answers (0)