Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to set automatic login to the sap server

madhan_narlapuram
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi ,

does any one know how to set remember login/password for the sap logon .

or how to login directly ..

rewards for sure

thanks

madhan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi madhan,

It sounds as if transaction SM59 provides the functionality you are looking for. (I assume that you do not want to save your own password somewhere...)

If you are not familiar with it, then it is a good idea to first read the Security Guides around this area (in the Connectivity Security Guides section), as saving logon data for automatic logons obviously includes some risks which need to be considered.

Cheers,

Julius

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi madhan,

It sounds as if transaction SM59 provides the functionality you are looking for. (I assume that you do not want to save your own password somewhere...)

If you are not familiar with it, then it is a good idea to first read the Security Guides around this area (in the Connectivity Security Guides section), as saving logon data for automatic logons obviously includes some risks which need to be considered.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create shortcut from any SAP screen using Shortcut button and mention user/password in its properties.

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This can be done in a secure way (e.g. no password storage) using SNC and Kerberos. The users credentials issued when they log onto their Windows workstation can be used to authenticate the user to the SAP system without asking them for a SAP userid+password. If this is of interest, please reply and I will provide better explanation or answer any questions you might have.

Thanks,

Tim

0 Kudos

yes im intersted ..

like we use yahoo messenger to store id and password .. i want the same thing while loging to my sap server ..

let me know if u can help with that ..

thanks

madhan

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This can be done, but more securely than storing passwords. The user experience is the important requirement, from what I understand about your needs. The fact it is a very secure solution should also be of interest ...

Anyway, for SAP GUI logon you can use SAP SNC and a Kerberos capable GSS-API library (available from a SAP certified product vendor). If your SAP applications are running on Windows then you can get the required library from SAP, otherwise you need to purchase a license for a third party, SAP certified product.

If you want to look at a suitable SAP certified product, you might want to check <a href="http://www.cybersafe.com/links/snc.htm">this site</a> or of course, you can look at the SAP partner website and look for SNC certified vendors, and contact them for more details. I represent the vendor whose website is presented in the above link, so if you want to find out more you can contact me offline, and I can answer any product/solution questions, or arrange for you to have a free 60 day evaluation of the products.

Thanks,

Tim