cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding documentation in a solution in the solution directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

My understanding of SAP Solution Manager is that after the implementation project is finished the business process structure with the documentation objects are moved to a solution.

During the operational phase a support team can use this documentation. But I do not see a way of searching for documents in a solution similar to the way of searching a project with SOLAR_EVAL.

Please clarify, thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alexander_maetzing
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Guido,

as far as I understood that feature, the "solution" is the sum of all systems in the operational phase, also named the "solution landscape". This landscape and the implemantation project are created and maintained in parallel. You link them with assigning the solution landscape to your project in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN.

Therefore the support team of a solution landscape should have also access to SOLAR_EVAL to search documents of the project they are working with. I didn't find another possibility to have access to the documentation in another way than that.

Best regards, Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

I still do not completely understand the concept of a solution. In the SAP documentation I come across statements like:

<i>"The Solution gives you a means of ensuring that all information remains accesible and can be consolidated once the project is over."</i>

With the transfer of the project to the solutions you can copy the project documents to the solution. But what is the use of copying the documentation to the solution (besides consolidation) when a support team is not able to search for documents in the Solution. In other words does a support team have to look for documentation in the Implementation Project itself or should they use the Solution Directory.

Thanks in advance...

alexander_maetzing
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guido,

hmmm, quite difficult to answer, because I don't know what SAP exactly intended. In my practical experience the Support Team is accessing the project documentation to get information. May be it is because we are using SolMan and its Implemenatation part for longer time than a Solution Directory exists.

The Solution (Landscape) in our environment is only the sum of all systems of a certain system role. It is the base for our implementation projects and nothing more. If supporters need documentation, they use SOLAR01/SOLAR02.

Not much, but hope it helps.

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alexander!

Does anybody have other experiences that they are willing to share regarding the use of placing documents in the Solution Directory (besides consolidation) for a support team?

Answers (0)