cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronization of Product Category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRM Experts,

we have SRM 5.0 (Classic Scenario). We have in SRM some Product Categorys which are already deleted in backend system. Is it possible to synchronise the Product Categorys with middleware Service "DNL_CUST_PROD1"? Or is this Service just for the initial upload and I have to delete all the Product Categorys in SRM first before runing "DNL_CUST_PROD1"?

Thank you very much for your answers.

Kind regards

Axel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Please go through the OSS Note and link which contains the details -></b>

Note 872533 - FAQ - Middleware

/people/marcin.gajewski/blog/2007/02/05/how-to-replicate-material-master-from-r3-to-srm

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Thanks for the links. If I understood the notes rights is there no chance to delete the product categorys automatically. Just by the report: COM_HIERARCHY_DELETE_SINGLE.

Is that correct?

Kind Regards

Axel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please Try report <b>COM_HIERARCHY_DELETE_ALL</b>

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will use Program COM_HIERARCHY_DELETE_SINGLE to delete single or COM_HIERARCHY_DELETE_ALL to delete all.

But, Just a caution, Becareful with these programs. You will use when you desparately need.

BR,

Vijay Mittal

Plz award the points for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

this issue is not very urgent, therefore I will be very careful with reports like this. Our Purchase dept. was mentioned that there are a couple differences between SRM and ERP and it will be not very user friendly to select a product category which doesn´t exsist in backend.

...Back to the issue.

Is it possible to use the report COM_HIERARCHY_DELETE_ALL and than do again a initial Middleware download with "DNL_CUST_PROD1"?

Regards

Axel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes .. Quite easily possible..

We have done this several times. No issues.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

thanks for you help. I will try it first in DEV. System.

Kind regards

Axel

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to delete only some few product categories and if these where never used in SRm then you can simply in COMM_HIERARCHY transaction select it and delete it with the trash bin, don't worry about the warnings.

I've done it myself without issue

PS: Reward if usefull.