cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to map when using mail adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

I'm doing a test with mail adapter in XI. The scenario is I put an XML representation content based on the outbound interface used by sender mail adapter directly in inbox mail content and send it. At the other side, I want to using receiver file adapter sotre the content as a file in file system. But some mapping is needed.

What I have already done is to define one outbound interface(<b>IF_Mail</b>) which is used by sender mail adapter.IF_Mail using the structure like

<MT_Mail>

<mail>

</mail>

</MT_Mail>

I also defined an inbound interface(<b>IF_File</b>). IF_File is using the structure like

<MT_File>

<file>

</file>

</MT_File>

I want to map the value of <mail> in mail to <file> in file. I did structure mapping between two message types in IR and all of the configuration in XI.

I put the below content

<MT_Mail>

<a> test

</a>

</MT_Mail>

as inbox mail content and send it. But when I monitor the XI message. It always says something is wrong with mapping.

what am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this out

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/16/xi-how-to-test-your-mapping-in-real-life-scenarios

If u r getting error after this, please paste the error

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oscar,

copy the payload of incoming message (SXMB_MONI) to your desctop and test the mapping inside the IB Repository (Test Modus of IF-Mapping or Message Mapping), switch the trace to "all".

Regards,

Udo