cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

role

Former Member
0 Kudos

In an interview if the interviewer asks what is ur role in the implementation? how and what should the answer be?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A functional consultant evaluates the demands in talking with the customer's representatives, transforms the essence into an abstract and algorithmic business model. Hence, he identifies the use cases and transforms them into logical and technical views.

Then the main task starts: customizing the respective business area and making sure the system reacts in the manner according to the constraints of the requested use case.

The consultant documents the settings and prepares proper guidelines that allow other consultants to do further changes or repairs with due efforts.

The consultant takes care that proper training is given to the users and that the system is usable, performing appropriately and the business flow is complete and correct.

During go live he assists the technical staff by testing the behaviour of the system.

After go live he guarantees that the procedures remain usable and consistent in real live situation and proposes enhancements.

The main duty of a consultant is to transfer external know-how to the client. It is not manpower that counts but intelligence, understanding of processes, a feeling for defects and general a common sense.

Role of a Functional Consultant in an End To End Implementation

When you talk about the role of a Functional consultant in an end to end implementation, I think it won't be possible for me or anybody to define everything but I will try to summarize it:

1. Functional consultant is expected to generate knowledge about the current business process, design current business flows, study current business processes and its complication, in all we can say getting through with current business setup. Flow diagrams and DFD are prepared, most of the time in Vision format, all this forms the part of AS IS document.

2. Everything configured has to be documented as per their categories in the form of predefined templates, these have to be then approved by the team leads or who ever the consultant is reporting to.

3. Mapping and GAP analysis is done for each module, I have seen people defining integration after mapping, gap analysis and configuration is done, but as per my experience in implementation, it is a simultaneous process.

4. Before starting configuring future business processes in SAP, the DFD/ERD are prepared, this documentation is called TO BE, which can be also siad as the result of mapping and gap analysis.

5. Sometimes Functional consultants are also expected to prepare test scripts for testing the configured scenarios.

6. End user manual and user training is also expected from F.Consultants.

The project normally starts off with a Kick off meeting in which the team size, team members, reporting system, responsibilities, duties, methodlogy, dates and schedules, working hours which have been predicided are formally defined.

ASAP, it won't be possible for me to explain it here, but all I can tell you about it is that it is SAP standard implementation methodology, which SAP prescribes but is not mandatory for any company to follow, such as IBM follow some blue Methodlogy, some companies follow typical SDLC steps, ASAP stands for Accerlated SAP, you can find all the steps on SAP site, through google, reading it from there won't give you a great knowledge about ASAP but will obviously get you to know the definitions of various term.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to tell them what role you played at the time of Implementation like:

1.Project Manager.

2.Team Lead.

3.Consultant

4.Core Team Member.

5.Enduser. Etc.,

If you are appearing for the jobs you have to mention has Functional Consultant if workin g on fuctional Area.

Hope this Calarified your Doubts,

All the Best and Please Reward If Really Helpful,

Thanks and Regards,

Sateesh.Kandula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

THE ROLE MAY INCLUDE U R INVOLVEMENT IN WHAT ALL PHASES OF ASAP AND U R TASKS IN EACH PHASE. E.G.

• Assist in the development of a project plan

• Execute and deliver status to a project plan

• Request and allocate necessary resources

• Communicate appropriately to relevant parties

• Coordinate with compliance groups

• Ensure controls documentation and testing processes are included in all projects

• Work under the direction of management and technical leadership

• Work in support of cross-functional, international implementation projects

• Work in conjunction with designated business unit resources

• Provide guidance on implementation projects

• Assist in the allocation/scheduling of personnel

• Be responsible for deliverables, scheduling, and the quality of projects

• Assist in managing the timely resolution of issues

• Assess mitigating risks related to implementation

• Participate in planning and implementation of system testing

• Prepare training material and provide end-user training on all system aspects

• Serve as a key contact during System Go-Live

• Assist in coordinating the transition to post-implementation support

• Work collaboratively with other team members to ensure ultimate customer satisfaction

• Handle special projects as assigned