cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipment Configuration (VT01N)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Plz tell me the configuration to create Shipment with reference to outbound Delivery. As per me we can create shipment by Transcation code- VT01N, in which after selecting the shipment type, we need to give the shipping point and the Oubound Delivery No. where after that we can enter the Transporter Name vehicle No., the In and out Time etc. This is useful to track the shipments of various Outbound Deliveries.

Plz help. reward points will be given.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit - Quickly

Create Transportation Planning point (should have already done that) as this would be the point from where you would create outbound shipments. Also, you must have already defined Shipping Point.

Basically you would define transportation planning point based on the shipping requirements in a plant. A plant may have more than one transportation planning point. If thats how you would want to go, you can create multiple transportation planning point and have it assigned to the combination of Shipping Point and Shipment Type.

But first, after you have defined planning point, shipping point (SPRO->Ent St->Definition->define shipping point/maintain trans planning pt.). You can define the types of shipments, number ranges, relevance.

Define Shipment number ranges (SPRO->LE->Transportaion->Shipments->Define Nbr Ranges).

Set transportation relevance by Delivery types, item types and routes. (SPRO->LE->Transportation->Shipnments->Maintain transp Relevance). Here you can opt which delivery document type you want could have a shipment document. Similarly you can maintain relevance by delivery item types and by routes.

Create Shipment types - Same place.

Hope you would be helped by this info.

Thanks

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically you would define transportation planning point based on the shipping requirements in a plant. A plant may have more than one transportation planning point. If thats how you would want to go, you can create multiple transportation planning point and have it assigned to the combination of Shipping Point and Shipment Type.

Nikhil Please tell me thae above setting in SPRO, so that i can go ahead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my case here there is only 1 Transport Planning point, and 1 shipping point with every plant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit - Then you probably may not need it. But just in case, you can do Tr Planning Pts determination at SPRO->Logistic Ex->Transportation->Interfaces->Transportation planning point determination. Here you can see, a combination of shipping point and shipment type will determine the transportation planning point.

This is used when you want an external system to process transporation planning instead of manual shipment creation.

Thanks

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transport Planning point Determination is done.

Nikhil Please tell me thae above setting in SPRO, so that i can go ahead.