cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service Call with XI fails at SOAP Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently trying to call a web service that is located in the Internet via XI using the SOAP Receiver Adapter. In the ABAP Monitoring (SXMB_MONI) the call is successfull. But when I check the Message Monitoring in the Runtime Workench I see the message failed in the SOAP Adapter. It stays in status 'wait' for some time and the shows a system error. I was able to call the Web Service via a SOAP Test Tool, i.e. the service is available and working.

Any ideas why the message fails in the SOAP Adapter? What are the steps to find the root cause?

Thanks and regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look into the CommChannel monitoring and also let us know the error in the SOAP Adapter

regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the error message again and it reads:

SOAP: error occured: java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML

Any ideas?

Thanks

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009 use this troubleshooting guide and see if it was of help !!!

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alex

Can you try contacting your Web service team and try to find out what is the Content Type expected by the Webservice?

Regards

Bhavesh

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The URL of the web service is wrong or user and password not correct.

This error message appears, when the response of the web service is not XML, but HTML instead.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

you are right, the URL was missing the extension .asmx. Now it works perfectly.

Thanks a lot.

Alex

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

Check if there is some proxy setting on the XI Server if so you will have to add the same details in your receiver soap adapter.

Mudit

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>I was able to call the Web Service via a SOAP Test Tool, i.e. the service is available and working.

but does XI have access to internet?

as you used SOAP Test Tool from your computer and not from XI machine

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>