cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in File adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario IDOC to file. when I try executing it i received the below error

An error occurred while connecting to the FTP server 'ftp-gw.dx.dxxx.com:21'. The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 501 Syntax errors in parameter. usage: %[recipient ID]%[APRF]%[direction] where direction must be either 'S'('s') or 'R'('r'). '. For details, contact your FTP server vendor.

I request you to kindly let me know the parameter details of FTP like what server details i need to give.

Regards,

Dhill

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

plz chk the similar kind of discussions in the following thread:

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank Krishnamoorthy and vijaya lakshmi Yes when I tried with command prompt it is working fine.

first we went to gateway of our sever from there we have give the username and pasword given by the customer... it is working fine.

the same i have given in XI but I got the above error.

i have gone through the forms thread also

where they are using some file substitution like that but I my case I need to throught the file output.dat to the given server details.

Please let me know if any more details required.

Regards,

Dhill.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to command prompt and give FTP <Server name>. Then give the usrename and password given in your XI. If it connects to the FTP server then you should not have problem connecting from XI also. Can you check this?

regards

krishna

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang see if that is of help.

Also can you let us know what are the parameters you have configured in your receiver file adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vijay,

I am Transport protocol as File Transfer Protocol (FTP)

FTP Connection parameter as

Server

Port

UserName

Pasword

and the rest are of default values and I also using Content Conversion Parameters also.

Please let me know if any more details required.

Regards,

Dhill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dhil,

I think you have to mention the name of the directory where your file adapter will create the file.

Create a virtual directory in the ftp server and then mention the same in xi file adapter .

Suppose you create the dirctory in ftp server as KUMAR. Then mention the filename in adapter as

/KUMAR.

btw the username which you are using to create file. Does it have the relevant permission?

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

I think you havent specified the file creation mode. Specify the file creation mode.

Select it as directly instead of put... Dont remember exactly..that is the reason why you are getting the error.

Regards,

Sumit

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Give Adapter Type --> File

Transport Protocol --> FTP

Message Protocol --> File

Adapter Engine --> Integration Server

Choose Receiver Adapter

Target Directory --> /folder_name (your folder name with path at FTP Server)

File name --> abc.xml

Server --> Give FTP Server IP address

User name --> Give your user name at FTP Server

Password --> Give password of same user

File Construction mode --> Add time Stamp

File Type --> Binary

It can help you,

Regards,

Sandeep Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Still I have the same problem Will there be any problem because of username because i have the

user as xxxx@xxx2-ftp.xxxx.xx.gxs.com

and server as ftp.yyyy.yy.gxs.com

so I am giving the user name parameter in XI as xxxx@xxx2-ftp.xxxx.xx.gxs.com@ftp.yyyy.yy.gxs.com

and also i am not sure whether the virtual directory is created in FTP or not

but in xi i given the directory name as <b>Output</b>.

Below is the error i am getting when i execute

An error occurred while connecting to the FTP server 'ftp-gw.dx.deere.com:21'. The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 501 Syntax errors in parameter. usage: %[recipient ID]%[APRF]%[direction] where direction must be either 'S'('s') or 'R'('r'). '. For details, contact your FTP server vendor.

Regards,

Dhill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank it is solved once i give the Target Directory as %CITISECUFLATNA%CITIGPASSIN%%B and Unchecked the checkbox Create Target Directory

Thanks

Dhill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anybody help me out in what format we need to give details and please let me know what need to give for direction

usage: %[recipient ID]%[APRF]%[direction] where direction must be either 'S'('s') or 'R'('r').

Regards,

dhill