cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short dump in Interactive SDP Transactions only in SCM 5.0

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are getting short dumps (details below) when trying to access Interactive Demand Planning (/SAPAPO/SDP94) and Supply Planning (/SAPAPO/SNP94, SNPSOP, SNPDRP) transactions of SCM 5.0 system. Interestingly Interactive TLB (/SAPAPO/SNPTLB) and all other transactions are working fine.

Moreover this short dump is taking place in selective desktops. All the desktops use the same SAP GUI version 6403.3.8.996 Build 717437 Patch level 8.

Anyone has come across this GUI issue in SCM 5.0. Is this resolved by the actions mentioned in Note 889989.

-

Short Dump text -

Exception condition "CNTL_ERROR" raised.

A RAISE statement in the program "CL_GUI_RESOURCES==============CP" raised the exception condition "CNTL_ERROR".

Since the exception was not intercepted by a superior program, processing was terminated.

Termination occurred in the ABAP program "CL_GUI_RESOURCES==============CP" -

in "GET_FONT_INFOS".

The main program was "/SAPAPO/SAPMMSDP ".

In the source code you have the termination point in line 40 of the (Include) program "CL_GUI_RESOURCES==============CM00B".

Source Code Extract:

10 CALL METHOD OF hguiservices-obj 'GetServiceByName' = hservice

11 NO FLUSH

12 EXPORTING #1 = 'SAPGUIResources.1'.

13 IF sy-subrc <> 0. RAISE error_get_obj. ENDIF.

14 GET PROPERTY OF hservice-obj 'Fonts' = hfonts-obj no flush.

15 IF sy-subrc <> 0. RAISE cntl_error. ENDIF.

17 *** fontsize

18 GET PROPERTY OF hfonts-obj 'FontSize' = fontsize no flush

19 exporting #1 = '0'.

20 IF sy-subrc <> 0. RAISE cntl_error. ENDIF.

21 *** fontname

22 GET PROPERTY OF hfonts-obj 'FontName' = fontname no flush

23 exporting #1 = '0'.

24 IF sy-subrc <> 0. RAISE cntl_error. ENDIF.

26 * free objects

27 FREE OBJECT hfonts-obj no flush.

28 IF sy-subrc <> 0. RAISE cntl_error. ENDIF.

29 FREE OBJECT hservice-obj no flush.

30 IF sy-subrc <> 0. RAISE cntl_error. ENDIF.

31 FREE OBJECT hguiservices-obj no flush.

32 IF sy-subrc <> 0. RAISE cntl_error. ENDIF.

33 * flush now ?

34 IF NOT with_flush IS INITIAL.

35 CALL FUNCTION 'CONTROL_FLUSH'

36 EXCEPTIONS

37 cntl_system_error = 1

38 cntl_error = 2

39 OTHERS = 3.

>> IF sy-subrc <> 0. RAISE cntl_error. ENDIF.

41 ENDIF.

43 endmethod.

Searched in OSS with the keywords mentioned but did not find anything relevant.

Thanks,

Somnath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath.

This has happened to me a few times and is usually resolved by re-installing the SAPGUI. Even though I have been assured that the install on different desktops is the same.

It's quite often due to missing .ocx files that failed to copy across in the GUI install.

I always test loading a planning book on a new Gui install now just to check.

The OSS note may well work but I would try a re-install first.

Hope this helps.

Mark

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark and Ian for your quick response.

I am getting SAP Tech Team and local IT to install SAP GUI on the desktop. It's will be at least a couple of days before I can test out given the way of multiple depts involved : )

I am quite sure its the missing ocx and dll file as mentioned in Note 889989 but wanted to find out what others have faced.

Thanks again,

Somnath

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all,

I've applied OSS Note 889989 - Special binaries of the SCM-AddOn (SAP GUI 6.40 and higher) and after I registered the OCX and DLL the problem was solved.

Adriá

Former Member
0 Kudos

my Gui specs

MAIN MODULE INFORMATION:

Name............: saplogon.exe

Description.....: SAP Logon for Windows

Product version.: 640 Final Release

File version....: 6405.5.18.1016

Build number....: 815416

Patch level 18

sometimes downgrading to a previous patch level also helps

paul_gloede
Participant
0 Kudos

I actually had this same issue surface upon adding Note 889989. One of the files, apogrid.ocx, could not be registered. That is the reason I am getting the RAISE_EXCEPTION, but why am I unable to register this file?? I get the following error:

LoadLibrary("c:\ProgramFiles\SAP\...\ApoGrid.ocx")failed - The specified module could not be found.

The other two files were registered without any issue.

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have few issues related to SAP GUI, which still to be resolved. We are trying to downlaod/uplaod data from DP planning book but its giving abend.

We are currently at release 640 patch level 21. Any idea, this patch level is sufficient for this functionality or we need to upgrade GUI.

--Abhay

paul_gloede
Participant
0 Kudos

Abhay~

I would recommend you start a new thread for your question. I just noticed the thread we posted on has been set to "answered". I'm not at all familiar with the functional side of SCM. I can tell you we have not had any issues like you describe on SAPGUI 7.10 Patch 3.

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

I am currently having the same problem with APO screen. I couldn't fnd the file ApoGrid.ocx you are mentioning. How did you fix the problem? Did someone help you to load teh ApoGrid.ocx file? Thanks.

paul_gloede
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Suk,

To fix the apogrid.ocx file problem, I uninstalled the SAPGUI and then reinstalled the Core 7.10 SAPGUI. After this, I installed patch 3 which contains the appropriate apogrid.ocx file. I believe the correct version of this file should be 346. The problem is with patch 2. For some reason patch 2 contains a corrupt version of the apogrid.ocx file. If you avoid using patch 2, you should be alright. Good luck.

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath

As Mark says, this issue is caused by missing ocx files on the front end install. It is not with the version of the GUI installed but the separate install of the SCM and BW components, as well as the standard SAP GUI 6.40 ideally you need:

SCM 6.40 patch level 5 or greater

BW 3.50 patch level 11 or greater

By the way, I have also come across a few issues in the planning book in SCM 5.0 with Patch level 8 whereby the GUI crashes when you use the mouse scroll button!!! It may be worth upping the patch level of the standard GUI while you are at it. I am currently on patch level 22 and have no problems in SCM 5.0.

Hope that helps

Regards

Ian