cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carrying out Transactions on Mobile Device Interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We installed IIS and we have checked the AII mobile transactions through WebSAPConsole. It is working fine.

We now want to carry out these transactions through the Intermec IP4 handheld device that we have. What are the things that need to be in place for us to carry out the mobiletransactions on this device? Will I be able to scan an RFID tag and see the UID on the screen? The device is an intelligent device, has Win CE on it.

What are the steps.

I have accss to the pdf: "SAP AII mobile RFID device integration Guide".

Regards

S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds like you can log on to AII via WEB SAPConsole from the mobile device.

To actually "read" the RFID tags on the intermec mobile device, you'll need to use the i-Browse browser for intermec and register an XSLT file on your SAPConsole server.

More details on the XSLT file (and registering it on the server) can be found in the device integration guide that you refer to in your post, but intermec should provide you with an XSLT file.

Regards,

-Ron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ron

Sorry for coming back after such a long time gap. I am asking a lot of questions here in this message, sorry about that.

I am unable to explain to our device supplier and get the XSLT file for Intermec device. I could not find it online, like other manuals of Intermec. Any idea how I get this file for the IP4 model?

You mentioned i-Browse. Will the XSLT work only if the browser is i-Browse? Will it not work with IE on the handheld? Will the XSLT file require mofications then? Maybe if I had the XSLT, I would not be asking you as many questions.

If we have the XSLT file, are you saying that once the reader trigger is pressed to read a tag, the UID value would appear on the ID text box on the screen? How is this achieved? I would like to understand the architecture here please :- how the tag value gets passed from reader to the handheld to display on the active cursor field.

Regards

Sankar