cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS on ITS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am part of a SAP HR Implementation (my SAP ERP 2004). Without going for Enterprise Portal, how do we go about implementing SAP ESS on ITS. Is there any alternative to SAP EP for developing a Web FrontEnd (GUI) for ESS?

Regards,

Shobhit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i><u><b>alternative to SAP EP for developing web frontend</b></u></i>

i dont know about ESS.

But for web frontend development, you could simply use ABAP Engine (BSP) or the JAVA engine of WAS.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Raja. I have got some more concerns.

There are licensed ESS users which have to be mapped to the SAP R/3 User Licenses. In case of Enterprise Portal, We use predefined Business Packages that has got all the standard functionalities that SAP ESS has got. Additionally we can develop Portal Content as per the client requirements. But in case we are goin for ESS without EP, lot of authentification and authorization work has to be done.

Could someone also provide me with a case study of a ESS Implementation on the ITS Server using mySAP ERP.

It is also important to note that ESS licenses are required for all the employees of an organisation. (Say 10000 in my case) whereas SAP User licenses are limited. (Say 300 in my case).

Please share your inputs.

Regards,

Shobhit