cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of Requirements....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends...

Can you pls let me know what is TRANSFER OF REQUIREMENTS, where will it be used in configuration in ORDER TO CASH(OTC) and MAKE TO ORDER (MTO)process.i would appreciate if you guys can help me with some documents sending to polopol@mailcity.com. possibly with some scenarios please.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for answering my question friends.I appreciate your effort.

SURIYA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transfer of requirements, material requirements planning is informed of quantities which sales and distribution require to be able to deliver orders received. If sufficient quantities are not available to cover the requirements, purchase orders, for example, can be created in purchasing on the basis of transfer of requirements within automatic planning.

The following types of transfer of requirements exist:

Transfer of requirements with individual requirements A line for individual requirements is created in the availability overview for each sales and distribution document and schedule line. This line contains the order quantity and the number of the document which created the requirement as well as the item number and the requirements class.

Individual requirements have the advantage that the initiating document can be identified (the initiating document is displayed in the availability overview for each requirement).

Transfer of requirements with collective requirement

Collective requirements can either be created daily or weekly. .

The collective requirements function is useful for dealing with a large volume of sales orders, as you obtain a clearer list of requirements and the system response time is also better.

Prerequisites

Transfer of requirements can be performed if the following prerequisites have been met:

The control elements described above must be maintained in Customizing for Sales and the relevant assignments made to the sales transactions

The transfer of requirements must be switched on at requirements class level and, in the case of transfer of requirements in the sales documents, at schedule line level

A plant must be defined at document item level. This plant is either proposed from the material master record or you can enter it manually

A checking group must be defined in the material master record on the Sales/plant data screen in the Availability check field

let me know wat type of document you want

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

TOR means transfer of requirements for having a availability check so TOR would happen before than your availability check.

The transfer of requirements ensures that the goods are available in time for the delivery

For e.g a customer has ordered 100 goods but you have only 50 in stock so TOR would determine that you have to manufacture or procure goods so that they are available at the time of delivery.

There is a configuration for TOR under basic functions in SD which has requirement class,requirement type.

TOR is related to the availability thry requirement class.You have to check the availability field in the requirement class.

Reward points if it helps.

Regards

Karan