cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor Master Data - General and Company Code Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are collecting vendor master data requirements. The requirements that I have are for Vendor General Data, Company Code Data (Accounting Info, Payment Transactions, Correspondence etc.) and Purchasing Org Data. Out of these 3 groups I can only see Vendor General Data that is mapped to CREMDM04 in SAP supplied syndication maps. I am wondering if someone could tell me how much effort is involved to first create the structure in MDM for Company Code data and Purchasing Data and then map these additional fields to CREMDM04 fields?

Why is it that Company Code data and Purchasing Data is not mapped in pre-delivered syndication maps?

Thanks in advance,

M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mins,

The purpose of MDM(Master data) is to store global data.

The data which is common for one particular object say for vendor address and such information is not goin to change reagarding of the system.

So MDM will store only general data for vendor.

That is the reason why standard map provides mapping only with general data.

Thanks and regards.

Shruti

former_member496675
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Shruti for your reply.

I agree with you. However, our client is really pushing for Company Code Data and Purchasing Org data along with Vendor General Data. Now, this is something that is new to me to do. I have never done this kind of customization before.

I would really appreciate if someone from SAP could give me their recommendation and also help me answer the following questions

1. Is this doable to map and syndicate Company Code data and Purchasing Org data along with Vendor General Data

2. Is it possible to then extract the tables that hold Company Code data and Purchasing Org data from ECC and bring it back in MDM to update MDM tables (that we are going to create for this data)?

3. What's the effort involved in this customization (Considering that we will be extending our repository structure, extend the syndication map, extract new tables from ECC for MDM, create import maps for these tables to import Company Code and Purchasing Org data into MDM)

Regards,

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Mins and ThirdShift,

As Shruti said the intent of MDM is to store global (master) data. But there is no universal definition of what is master data. I have seen clients within the same industry define it slightly different. That is why the predefined repositories can be changed.

A client that was using the Customer rep wanted to have Company Code data included in the rep. This was not standard content. It was no trouble adding this information. The technical aspect takes only days. As you have stated in your last email there is a process that needs to defined/extended. It took more time to get the business to decide which data it required, the process (and frequency) for transferring updated data, extracting the desired information from ECC, and determining the final uses of this data.

I suspect that all predefined reps have at least some changes done to them as all customers have different views and needs for their data.

Sincerely,

Kristin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you much for your answer Kristin.

Could you give me some guidelines as to how to map these extra tables and fields (that we are going to model in MDM) onto IDOC fields (syndication map). In the syndication map there are remote key mappings, actual value mapping and then for some fields it's just plain '/' mapped. If you could give me some general rules to follow or some guidelines as to how to interpret SAP table structures in reference to MDM structure and especially for mapping that would be really a great help and will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Mins

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Mins,

We found that SAP iDocs were very specific with their requirements and therefore based our XML standard on the ECC system. This was done for both the inputting and exporting of data into MDM. The best way is to use a xsd file (XML system definition file.) We got these files from SAP XI implementers who were familiar with the ECC component that was being used. They started with the standard templates supplied for ECC and then extended them to meet the new requirements.

I hope this information is helpful.

Kristin