cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making SSN required fields in ESS Family Members

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I am working on EP7.0 ERP05 NW04s . I want to make the Social Security Number field mandatory on the Family Members Detail (Edit) , ...I want to know what's the procedure to do that... I want to know where's the code for making Firstname and Lastname written on the same screen so that I can add the code there for SSN...

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to make an entry for SSN field in table V_T588MFPROPC now on the ESS screen it gives a message as :Online maintenence is locked in payroll area SS,

now what do I do for this ?

Looking forward to your reply.

Sharadha1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Pls contact ur Basis person.

Regards,

Sharadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The payroll area SS is locked for any entries, Please ask ur Payroll consultant to release the payroll area.

Cheers!!

Ashutosh

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys ,

I first removed the Payroll locking error and then added entry to that table and it made SSN as a required field ..

Thanks so much for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys ,

I first removed the Payroll locking error and then added entry to that table and it made SSN as a required field ..

Thanks so much for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sharadha,

I went in the Backend for table V_T588MFPROPC for the Infotype 0021 (Family Members) and it's empty there ... what should I do here.?

Sharadha1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

Enter the country version, infotype naem undre 'Type name' , the field (SSN's techn name) and check the 'RF' check for it. RF - REquired field. this makes the field mandatory.

You can also refer the table V_T588MFPROPS for ur reference.

Hope this solves your problem

Regards,

Sharadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sharadha,

Thanks for the reply. I have already set the State property of the SSN field to required which shows a Red Star with the field on the screen,

...but I also want that a message like "Fill in the required entry fields " should be displayed in the same manner as for First and Last name and the Input field box should get highlighted....thats why I am wondering for the code written for those fields..

Sharadha1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

can you make changes to the backend maintenance table V_T588MFPROPC for the ssn field and try again?

Regards,

Sharadha

Sharadha1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

Check the 'detailview' in the fam DC. There is property ('required' property )for the view element which you have to set to make the field mandatory.This is set for lastname and firstname.Do the same for SSN field to make it mandatory.

Regards,

Sharadha