cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install additional "dialog" instance on another drive on the server

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running NW2004S (SR2) with BW on SQL 2000, Windows 2003 on a two-node cluster. We have an existing ABAP/Java instance installed on

the "C" drive (#11) on one of the servers. I would like to install

another dialog instance on the same server as instance "01" on the "D"

drive, but when I run the install (sapinst) and select "custom", the

installation recognizes the existing instance on "C" and doesn't give

me the ability to install the new instance on "D" (just "C"). How can

I install this instance on the "D" drive ? Do I need to uninstall the

existing "11" instance on "C". Also, on this server there are two "enq"

server processes installed (ABAP #30, and Java #35) on the "C" drive -

what happens with them ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Brian,

What drive are you entering as installation drive : C or D in sapinst ? You need to enter D.

Also as per as Netweaver 2004s (SR2) instalaltion guide when specifying Profile Directory, you need to use the UNC path of the virtual (A)SCS host name, for example:

<SAPGLOBALHOST>\sapmnt\<SAPSID>\SYS\profile.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

I did specify the CI node when referencing the SAP profiles in the cluster and they are all recognized. My problem is that the installation only gives me the ability to install on the "C" drive. As a follow-up, SAP stated that since this is an additional dialog instance install, sapinst will perform the installation wherever the "saploc" shared says (in my case "C" - /usr/sap). It appears that if I want to basically move my existing dialog instance (11) from the "C" drive to the "D" drive, I need to uninstall the instance, along with the "enq" instances, then re-install the instance on the "D" drive.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had to do some reconfiguratons of so many steps I can't list them - but SAP and I got it to work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay - we wnet about running "sapinst" and uninstalled the dialog ABAP/Java instance on the "C" drive, and then re-install the instance on the "D" drive that worked. Now when I attempted to start "Visual Admin" or the "Config Tool" (the shortcuts pointed to the "C" drive" in the J2ee directory), the files aren't there or on "D" - can I just bring back these files from the backup - also, the "SDM" process isn't running - I assume I would need this for future Software distributions ?

Thanks