cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to monitor failed external requirements...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have a question regarding monitoring failed external requirements. This, using SRM 5.0 connected to a backend ECC 6.0 system and using Plan-Driven Procurement with Plant Maintenance scenario.

Specifically, the problem is as follows:

Suppose a requisition fails to transfer from ECC to SRM (for whatever reason). I can see the queue in ECC trans. SMQ1 in status "ANORETRY", and can also see the reason for the failure in SRM trans. SLG1. However, the problem is that I can't find the ECC requisition/position to which it belongs to! It would be VERY useful to know this information. Where can I find it?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Gilberto Gallardo.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can find out the PR number by clicking on the queue and then in the next screen you would see the PR that caused the queue to fail.

regards

manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>The program BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER is used to transfer the PReq from the backend to SRM. Table EPRTRANS have information about PReq to transfer.</b>

<u>Configuration guide on Plan-Driven Procurement(PDP) with Plant Maintanance available on http://service.sap.com/instguides (Business Suite\SRM)</u>

<u>Using transaction SMQ2, check the inbound queue in the Enterprise Buyer system and activate it if necessary</u>

<u>Integration of external requirements for Enterprice Buyer Professional</u>

If purchase requisitions are to be procured via an external procurement system, these are transferred to the target system by means of report RPRSEL01. For this purpose, report RPRSEL01 reads table EPRTRANS which collects the requirements to be transferred. To do this, you must either start the report manually or schedule it periodically. The length of the period depends on the number of requirements to be transferred. A date is assigned to the report as an additional criterion. This date determines until which release date the purchase requisitions are to be transferred. If the release date lies after the date specified in the report, the purchase requisition is not transferred. The transfer itself is carried out via qRfc (Queued Remote Function Call, see also standard documentation). It is returned to the calling system if an error occurs in the target system for which there might not be a solution. In this case, the queue of the qRfc is blocked and all subsequent transfers cannot be carried out. The qRfc monitor (Transaction SMQ1) is used to check the queue. Check this monitor if the external requirements to be procured do not get to the target system. Furthermore, SAP recommends you to check this monitor from time to time.
If errors occur, you can generally solve these in two ways:

1. Delete the failed call in the qRfc monitor.
              When doing so, note that there is a loss of information. In other words, the currently failed transfer of the purchase requisition is lost. If this is required, for example, for time reasons, you can restart the transfer in two ways. 

Enter the purchase requisition manually in table EPRTRANS with status 2 or
Make a manual change to the affected items of the purchase requisition.
However, in both cases, analyze the error cause and solve it before the new transfer.

2. If possible, eliminate the error cause in the target system and restart the queue of the qRfc in question. Read also the standard documentation on the qRfc.

You can view error messages from the target system through forward navigation in the qRfc monitor.

Report RPRSEL01 uses "RPRSEL01" as a standard name for the qRfc queue. This name can be overwritten during the call of the report.

<b>Some very useful SAP OSS Notes to refer -></b>

Note 1038484 - External requirement transfer fails when PM order changed

Note 1027506 - BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER: ANORETRY for PR with different vendors

Note 909722 - XML inbox: Vendor/invoicing party not replicated

Note 502794 - Composite SAP Note for external requirements interface KW11

534419 Transfer of purchase requisitions into the procuremnt system

<b>Other related links -></b>

<u>Prerequisites for External Requirements</u>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/18/db183d30805c59e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/c0/5ee6415b006024e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/bd/277264c3ddd44ea429af5e7d2c6e69/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/55/4af548688211d4977e0004ac962ee6/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/55/4af54b688211d4977e0004ac962ee6/frameset.htm

Hope this will definitely help. Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your quick response, however maybe I didn't explain my problem correctly.

The problem relies when report BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER is executed and takes the requisition/line item from table EPRTRANS. However, if something fails, this transfer is not transfered and stays in the queue. This can be seen in transaction SMQ1 as Atul mentioned.

However, it is at this point that my question takes place. Since there's nothing more in table EPRTRANS, how can I know which R3 requisition that tried to transfer to SRM failed? This information is not available in SMQ1 !

Thanks for your help

Regards,

Gilberto Gallardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls see the foll related threads :

BR,

Disha.

PLs reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gilberto Gallardo,

what kind of Regs are you trying to move to SRM?

In case of Reqs without any account assignment, the ECS is prerequisite to

successfully perform the whole cycle.

In order to move Reqs without any error, maintain a local POrg and local PGroup

in SRM (Org Units with maintained tick box, but wthout any entry in "corresponse

to" and "backend system"). Additionally the used RFC User needs be integrated

into the Org Model under the level of the PGroup.

When there is also requirement to complete the whole cycle and create a PO,

the ECS is prerequisite to accomplish the goal.

Cheers,

Claudia