cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBEP - Schedule Lines

Former Member
0 Kudos

From what I understand VBEP can contain multiple records for a delivery item, one line for required and one for confirmed date. My question is how can you pick the one that is the confirmed date(s) in a query? Is it as simple as picking the one with confirmed<>0 or is there a link to another table to the confirmed schedule line?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sudip,

there is no connection to any other table here. the data are taken from VBEP only. The most important fields here:

VBEP-WMENG required quantity

VBEP-CMENG rounded required quantity

VBEP-BMENG confirmed quantity

If you want to select all schedule lines with the confirmation, you have to take all schedule lines with VBEP-BMENG is not zero (or is not initial).

If you want to select only pure confirmed schedule lines (confirmation is to another date than the the required date) then you have to take all schedule lines with VBEP-BMENG is not initial AND VBEP-WMENG is initial.

If you have also the commitment functionality activated, you can have theoretically up to three schedule lines: one - required, one - commited and one - confirmed. The commited schedule line is defined, if only the field VBEP-ROMS1 is filled. If you have no commitment functionality activated, you can forget this additional information.

I hope, this info helps you a little bit further.

Kind regards,

Akmal Vakhidov

Development Support SD, SAP, Walldorf/Germany

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudip - Yes, it is as simple as picking only the ones that has a confirmed quantity (BMENG)... the reason I think why the standard system maintains an entry with a zero quantity confirmed is to indicate the customer requested delivery date expectation and the availability in the system against that date. So ideally, for one line item, there could be one entry with a zero confirmed quantity against the date that customer had requested delivery....the rest would be system proposed delivery dates on which item is available (post requested delivery dates). These dates could well be based on the customer delivery calender... Keeping it this way allows the vendor to try and analyze as to on how many occasions did he miss customer's expected delivery dates.

I've seen it at some code leves where its trying to fetch VBEP entries and there, standard SAP delivered code is checking BMENG to see whether anything is confirmed or not.

I don't think there's any other table that one can reference that only records confirmed schedule lines.

Thanks

Nikhil