cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to see the Used DC source code when debugging

Former Member
0 Kudos

My web dynpro app has Used DCs pointing to public parts of a Java DC and another web dynpro DC. When I debug the web dynpro app and it comes to the part where the code in the Used DC is called I get different behavior depending on which Used DC's code I'm trying to step into.

If it's something from my Java DC then I can choose "step into" and I can actually step through the source code from my Java DC

If it's something from the other web dynpro DC and I choose "step into" I get a Debugger Source Lookup dialog asking me to specify where the source code is.

Why is this?

In the Java DC I selected the packages and added them to Public Part as tree. I created one for assembly and one for deploy. In the web dynpro DC I added the component to Public part. One created one public part for assembly and one for deploy.

Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks much!

David.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Q: If it's something from the other web dynpro DC and I choose "step into" I get a Debugger Source Lookup dialog asking me to specify where the source code is.

Answer: This is because your debugger for the code is looking in some default

lookup path which does not contains the DC's classes.Add the DC workspace folder as in the lookup path from the same dialog and you would be

able to debug through the DC.

Q: "In the web dynpro DC I added the component to Public part. "

Please look into the component usage for more explanation.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/13/560b40c6c01961e10000000a155106/content.htm">Idea of Component usage.</a>

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit. That was the answer. I just added the other DC to the lookup path.

Answers (0)