cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving structure elements from one node level to another? is it possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In SOLAR01, we currently have a structure that is 4-level deep (from Project -- > Scenario --> B. Process --> Process step).

We didn't set up the structure correctly in the beginning, and now we are finding out that the activities we have defined as a 'Process Step' (level 4), really should have been a part of the 'Business Process' (level 3).

So far, from the menu and SAP help, there doesn't seem to be a way to copy all steps from level 4 and move them to level 3 ( i.e. outdent everything by one level).

SAP's help also mentions that you cannot move objects across different nodes, but only within. http://help.sap.com//saphelp_sm40/helpdata//EN/45/51fbdbd4941803e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

So my question to all you experts Is there a way to programatically make this kind of an adjustment to the project structure, while keeping the data integrity intact. (there are documents, etc. tied to each step and they would need to move along also)...

Any help/ideas on this would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Jawwad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alexander_maetzing
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jawwad,

generally it is programmatically possible BUT: The structure of the project is part of many different functionalities, not only SOLAR01/SOLAR02 but also for testplans e.g.. Changing now the structures in SOLAR01/02 does not automatically change the testplan structures that there MAY be some inconsistencies between the different trees of the different functionalities.

In addition all participating tables are a "net" with references (using GUIDs) between each other. The data model therefore is quite complex. I am glad that I am able to read some of the different areas and tables here.

In my eyes the time needed to do the evaluation of the real data model and to assure that the data is migrated correctly is too high compared with the manual work an internal 8-) has to do removing the different entries from level 4 to level 3. I recommend to do the manual way here.

Best regards, Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input Alexander. That is what my initial thought was also. I was just wondering if there is a nice little BAPI out there that I don't know about that might accomplish this task for me. I don't want to reverse engineer the data model and design a solution for this either.

Thanks for taking the time to answer the question.

Regards,

Jawwad