cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCo and WAS6.30

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently using the Sneak-Preview and successfully did the J2EE-things. Anyway, I would like to connect through JCo with the ABAP world. From my point of view everything seems to be prepared to do so.

My question is, whether there is some kind of BAPI (e.g. USER_GET_DETAIL) at the ready if you have installed the sneak preview. If so, what are the login-parameters to get these things shown up in the EnterpriseConnector.

Thx for reply

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

WAS 6.40 is installed, and everything works fine. But back to JCo / Enterprise Connector I do not have any idea about the required parameters to establish the connection. Is there any possibility to get through Enterprise Connector an idea what is ready on the other side (ABAP) in WAS 6.40 (or is there nothing to be found)

Thx

Matthias

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Mathhias,

there even is an example that comes with sneak preview. In your eclipse/examples directory is a project you can import. Please read the pdf file there as you have to set up SLD correctly, which is described there.

The name of the example is sonmething with flightb(sorry, but currently not at my workplace)

Regards,

Benny

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

to call a BAPI you already need a connection and that is the problem we did solve for 6.20 but not really satisfying for first sneak preview.

My suggestion is to use next weeks sneak preview as this one is able to use generated models and make your life much easier to do the initial connection.

Regards,

Benny